Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    I had to blind side into this hole the other day...

Screenshot_20200712-123054_Maps.jpg

It still surprises me how patient so many southern Californians are when driving. They just all stopped a little ways back, and waited till it was completely clear. A lot of places they're trying to squeeze around and no patience at all.

cke, 650cat425, farmerjohn64 and 5 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

He would have known. They ain't very subtle when it's a emergency. Ever.

cke, 650cat425, farmerjohn64 and 5 others Thank this.
  4. shawnhhllc

shawnhhllc Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2020
    florida

After driving a fire dept ladder truck for 22 years in that situation the driver/operator most likely put his lights on for your protection and the approaching motorist. No sirens needed as that might distract or rush you. If it was a true emergency they would’ve let you know.

cke, 2CAN, beastr123 and 9 others Thank this.
  5. shawnhhllc

Feb 9, 2020
    florida
    Cooking me some mahi mahi. Wish I could’ve unloaded that dang track loader up top yesterday.

cke, jamespmack, Tug Toy and 5 others Thank this.
  6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Fire engine air horns are both unmistakable, and the most obnoxious sounding things on the road for good reason.

cke, beastr123, jamespmack and 6 others Thank this.
  7. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    But fire trucks are just so daggum cool, ya have to admit.

cke, jamespmack, Tug Toy and 6 others Thank this.
  8. shawnhhllc

Feb 9, 2020
    florida
    Here’s the pics

Attached Files:

9. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone
    Here's a simple 3 step process to help make sure you don't get in a situation like that Swiftard.

1. STOP
    2. THINK
    3. GET OUT AND LOOK

A few yrs ago I ran some Can Am SxS's down to southern Louisiana from El Paso. Drove all night from San Antonio to get there 1st thing Mon morning. When I get there about 10am, I find tje dealership closed, open Tues-Sat. It was right off a state highway right before a Natl Forrest or park, something. Sat in the center turn lane for a few min trying to decide how to turn around and go back the way I came. Look at google maps and think "oh I can just go through the neighborhood behind there around the block and come back out. Make a left onto the the little side street and realize that my 1st right turn is TIGHT with 3ft ditches on the side of the street. Get around the 1st one, go down to make the 2nd right and its a complete no go. Go to the next block. Looks doable, but not with my axles spread. So I close up the tandems and try everything I can, cant get the trailer around. So I back all the way back down 2 blocks and attempt to back around the 1st right I made. Get off the street to the left in some mud and get stuck. Ask a dude who has a boat upholstery business if he can pull me with his pick up and he gets me out. End up getting lucky because right at the corner is a town/parish pumping station and a worker showed up and let me back up into there. Only issue is I had to get far enough back and into the grass to turn, I got stuck again. I ask if I can leave the trailer & load locked up there till the next morning and that was fine. I unhook and get the dude with the pick up to pull me forward again. Then I bobtailed to a truck stop and sat my ### there till the next morning. Wasted almost 4hrs dicking around because I didn't take a few min to walk down the street and realize it was not a good route.

cke, jamespmack and farmerjohn64 Thank this.
  10. Rontonio

Rontonio Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2009
    it will shrink to 53

with the loading bolster down I am more like 59’

11. farmerjohn64

farmerjohn64 Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2019
    That’s what I was thinking

cke, jamespmack, 650cat425 and 2 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.