Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. farmerjohn64

farmerjohn64 Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Okay this is getting weird lmao I’m getting a timney trigger! Must be because our birthdays are the same idk man

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flashdrive7

Flashdrive7 Medium Load Member

Apr 24, 2015
    West Coast
    I read in a bio of JFK titled Jack, A Life like no other, that his high sex drive was an inborn trait that was amplified by the drugs he took for his catalog of ailments.

4. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Amphetamines to get him going and tranquilizers to put em down LOL

5. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    That's one I never understood. Both are solid and reliable, and enjoyable to shoot.

Now, try to tell a moron that AR doesn't mean "assault rifle", and AK isn't Russian for the same thing. Talk about a frustrating exercise in futility.

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    The AR-15 does have one big advantage, and that is an increased available of spare interchangeable parts. The AK platform falls short here because of machining tolerances in the many different countries they are made in. For example, the BCG out of a Chinese may or may not fit in a Bulgarian.

Should war break out, I'm grabbing the American rifle. :cool:

7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    You shoot better with, say... a 1911 pistol?

8. Flashdrive7

Flashdrive7 Medium Load Member

Apr 24, 2015
    West Coast
    That's pretty accurate. In the book I read it describes his inauguration. It was a chilly January morning. He wore no overcoat and his face was perspiring. He had a kind of "lit-up" look. The personal physician of out going president Dwight Eisenhower remarked to the gentleman seated next to him "He's all hopped up!"

9. PoleCrusher

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    The M16A1 was having some issues with jamming when cycling a round. Having worked on a lot of them, my opinion is that it was caused by slight variations in ammunition. When your dealing with government purchases, where it's massive amounts bought in bulk, it's bound to have some inconsistencies.

When firing, you would know it was going to jam as soon as the pin struck the cartridge. And sure enough, the bolt didn't travel back hard enough to either eject the spent cartridge, or it wouldn't fully catch the next round, getting it stuck in the bottom of the upper reciever, or at some weird angle in the chamber.

10. PoleCrusher

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    Man that stuffs just nasty and cruel punishment. Reminds me of a story from my youth, inappropriate for this forum though lol.

11. farmerjohn64

farmerjohn64 Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2019
    I watched a documentary some time ago and something in the action literally melted and fused together lol guy said he couldn’t open the bolt even by stomping on it. I agree with the ammo part, crap ammunition always causes problems

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Draft saved Draft deleted