Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. 650cat425

650cat425 Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2020
    Pennsyltucky
    Business is Business indeed... but dsv seems to play more fair than most of the others.

Example: a certain flatbed company around my area does the lease purchase thing. I've heard over and over the same story of guys getting no paycheck or getting a $6 pay because the company took money for tires they got or there was a 'settlement discrepancy.' That being said, they add a letter after the truck number to differentiate the co trucks from l/p. They start with letter 'a' and change it with each new victim... I've seen them as far as d and even one f. How many times has that truck been paid for and how many guys did they run broke or put out of trucking altogether?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I have heard those type of stories as well. I remeber when i started with swift and they always tried to shove that lp down my throat . Guys used to brag about making 1.20 a mile.

The 2 years i worked there , i remeber this 1 truck , nice t680 gold colored . 3 different drivers drove that truck in the 2 years i was there and that was just 1 truck. There must be thousands of lease drivers at swift. I cant even begin to imagine the amount of money they were raking in with that program...

4. 650cat425

650cat425 Road Train Member

Jan 26, 2020
    Pennsyltucky
    I keep meaning to ask you, does dsv have brokers in the Pittsburgh area? I was gonna dm you but you never enabled it.

5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Im not sure . . Maybe only a handful of times this year ive been up in that area. But always get my loads from the people i work with out west ... im sure they got something. Ive seen a bunch of dsv loads out of michigan and indiana on truckstop.com

6. singlescrewshaker

singlescrewshaker Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Little Havana, FL
    Well thanks Macky, very kind of you to say!! :thumbup:

Lmao :D
    Well the truck in question THIS time is a Columbia, that a prospective 1st time buyer was looking at to pull end dump..

I guess what it boils down too, is I'm just sick of guys acting like freightliners won't get the job done.. If spec'd correctly for the application, there is no reason a Columbia won't pull a bucket just as well as,, say a T880..

Each OEM draws their own fan base. I've got my likes, as does everyone else. I don't run around bashing people for their taste in trucks.. I'm just tired of blowhards spouting off nonsense. That's all..

beastr123, jamespmack, Flint1 and 9 others Thank this.
  7. Czar_Zero

Czar_Zero Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Orebegone.
    When I got my start at Swift 11 years ago, my "mentor" was doing the L/P thing. I was fortunate that he wasn't doing it SOLEY for the money... He actually liked training and was active in doing so for the six weeks I was stuck with him. That said, there is no way he would have been making any kind of living without doing the training. Not just because of how terrible the L/P deal was, but also as a result of him being terrible with his money. Guy had zero business acumen and it showed.

8. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
  9. Isafarmboy

Isafarmboy Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2018
    Alberta
    Awww poor @singlescrewshaker!!! You gettin ol Buck fixed? It's just takin too long that's why you in a tiff!??? How's it coming along?

10. singlescrewshaker

Dec 31, 2017
    Little Havana, FL
    That'd be the one.! :D

I got into roughly the same thing awile back with another dude. It started off as "all owner operators are only owner op's cause they can't take orders, & work for free", because he failed back in like '95 or so.. Then morphed into no OO worth a sheet would own a freightliner because they are inferior junk, blah blah nonsense..

I see it all time, just usually refrain from jumping in cause once I do, I have a hard time letting it go.. :rolleyes:

beastr123, jamespmack, Flint1 and 14 others Thank this.
  11. singlescrewshaker

Dec 31, 2017
    Little Havana, FL

Right, & that's the point I'm making!!
    Acting like spec for spec the Shaker won't get it done gets under my skin..

Heck, I like my FLD but there are better choices out there.. Lmao :D
    Different strokes for different folks. There is a rig out there for just about everybody..

I just being whiney I guess cause I'm tired of listening to people spouting ridiculousness..

Cabover shaker ehh.?
    I guess all this talk about there not being any room in a cabover is nonsense too.. :D Congratulations Uncle Jim, that's an impressive feat of accomplishment!! :thumbup: :occasion5:

beastr123, jamespmack, Flint1 and 12 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.