Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Hurricane69

Hurricane69 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Iowa
    Enjoy!!!

I knew you did the big tire conversion a few years back but haven't seen any pics for a while.

Nice ride!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cke

cke Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Colfax Wi
    Nelson Bros bound

4. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    If they are hiring crossdressing trannies. They must be. :D

5. Hurricane69

Sep 10, 2008
    Iowa
    I'll give the boy credit....he ain't trying to live off the government dime....

Tranny lives matter too!!!

6. Swine hauler

Swine hauler Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2019

I picked up a set of those tru balance centering pins a few years ago, the threaded ones. I can use them on the steers and the drives. The only issue I had was the pins wouldn't fit through the small holes of my centramatics, so I had to go to using the big holes.....once its bolted up I don't think that centramatic moves.

Before I even took the truck off the jacks I knew I was going to like the results.
    Before, my truck rode and looked like sxxx. Now it only looks like sxxx.

@shooter19802003 I have to thread the lug nuts on very slowly, alternating frequently to avoid binding the wheel up on the centering pins. No one inch gun. Its tedious, but worth it. IMHO

7. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Road Train Member

Mar 6, 2017
    PA
    There should be a set of holes that does fit. Usually takes me a few minutes to figure out which ones.

They have a new thing out now to help center the oversized steer drum holes. Haven't noticed an issue with mine yet, but the drums and hubs were both new, but it's on my list of stuff to get sometime.

8. Hurricane69

Sep 10, 2008
    Iowa
    I've used them for years....get the brush for the wheels and the one for the studs.

I use a 3/4 impact for the nuts. I run the pins on and off with a 3/8 impact carefully. Snug up the nuts then pull the pins.

9. Hurricane69

Sep 10, 2008
    Iowa
    I have nothing against cerametrics (sp)
    I think they make a good product. I run glass beads myself

Just be aware when you run them. I know people that have spent a lot of money chasing a vibrations and it ended up being the fluid in the cerametrics seized.....check the easy stuff first.

10. Swine hauler

Swine hauler Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2019
    Ya, my studs use the smaller of the two sizes on the centramatics, but the tru balance centering pins won't fit in the small hole. So, to center pin the wheels and balancer together, I have to use the larger hole position on the balancer, it that makes sense?

I'm going to look into that steer drum tool you mentioned. Thanks for the heads-up

11. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    18speed!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.