Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Lysdexis

Lysdexis Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2018
    Arkansas
    Well. The deal is done. Back to lookin.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Czar_Zero

Czar_Zero Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Orebegone.
    Indeed.

Back to things being out of our direct control again. Waiting on final underwriting to confirm that we didn't go out and buy a Bugatti last week and max out or credit cards. Trying to not focus too much on the person who screwed up because naught to be done about it, plus we all make mistakes and it's unfair of me to be monstrously critical over something that's going to be fine in the end. It's not like we aren't going to get the loan or anything, it's just that we weren't expecting any timing screw ups at the literal end.

TLDR:

I'm having a whinge because I was looking forward to re-entering the world of country living this weekend and I'm being an impatient arse-hat. Well, that and my wife has to go back to her office full time next week because she has a bunch of client appointments and work she needs to do. Her boss (her) brought up that she's not in the winter down time yet.

Tug Toy, cke, jamespmack and 8 others Thank this.
  4. Czar_Zero

Czar_Zero Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Orebegone.
    Looking forward to paying 100k for a truck you could have bought last year for 15k?

Nostalgic, cke, jamespmack and 10 others Thank this.
  5. DeereRunner97

DeereRunner97 Medium Load Member

Apr 18, 2019
    Ostrander, Ohio
    Got word from the shop today that the head is off. No sink liners, no head gasket issues. So the head was went out to be tested and inspected.

6. Isafarmboy

Isafarmboy Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2018
    Alberta
    I would like you guys to inform your truck to stick to the schedule arrive time at the guard shack , if they are showing up early and we do not have room in the barn to unload , we will be asking the trucks to go for a driver and come back to the guard shack on your booked schedule time . This we be enforced affected today October 25, 2021....

Just got this sent to me..jiminy them hog recievers wanna be snarky.!!

Tug Toy, cke, jamespmack and 11 others Thank this.
  7. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    So.... if a truck shows up early, they will tell it to turn around, find a driver (notice it doesn't seem to matter which driver), and return at it's scheduled time.

Got it.

Those self driving trucks have sure come a long way. Though I can't help but question why it has to go on a random driver hunt? This is truly puzzling.

Edit: After reading it again, it seems that maybe there is some sort of storage area where drivers are kept, either by them or some other outfit. Maybe they have driver pens, or driver corrals, I wonder which it would be?

8. Lysdexis

Oct 25, 2018
    Arkansas
    Oh absolutely lol

9. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    Did you get the engine over heat fixed?

10. Lysdexis

Oct 25, 2018
    Arkansas
    Yeah, cleaned the mud out of the radiator.

11. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.