Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Road Train Member

Mar 6, 2017
    PA
    If it makes you feel any better, I witched, had a neighbor witch, and marked where a gas line came across the highway when I had to dig up my leach bed. I was carefully going down the ditch, skimming off the top of the septic line and managed to chop a 20" chunk of gas line clean free. Yeah, I expected the gas line to be UNDER the septic since it was pretty shallow, not ABOVE it. Nothing quite like a wide open gas leak spraying your own crap all over you, your wife, and your equipment to wake you up and put a little pep in your step lol.

Feedman, dwells40, Eldiablo and 9 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Troy_

Troy_ Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2017
    Roma, Alberta.
    My pa told me a story about a herd of cows in the road. He said him and a couple other guys were roaring back to town after a rig move on an indian reserve and when he crested the top of a knoll there was a dozen or so cows on the road. He said he picked the spot with the least amount of cows and stood on the brakes. He nailed 3 of them. 2 were dead and one still laying on the road moo-ing away in pain. So everyone is stopped on the side of the road and standing there wondering what to do about this mangled cow, when an old boat of a car comes over the knoll. They start waving their arms trying to slow the guy down...he never let off the gas and nailed that cow laying there. The car flew into the air and landed hard, brake lights came on for a second, then went off and they kept on driving. Cow was dead.

SL3406, Feedman, dwells40 and 11 others Thank this.
  4. Czar_Zero

Czar_Zero Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Orebegone.
    What's funny about it.. I joked with myself about "what are the odds there's a water line somewhere near this stump." Had just cleared some roots away (this stump is about two and a half feet in diameter, was a large pine tree), and on the next cut in with the bucket, a tooth punctured the line. What this discovery tells me though is that getting that stump gone is going to be more of a project than I thought since it's right on top of the water line. I think I may just use my chainsaw to cut it down to ground level and call it good.

Really do like the Tractor though, it's being a workhorse and I'm punting some big dents in projects that really needed done.

dwells40, Eldiablo, cke and 6 others Thank this.
  5. Czar_Zero

Mar 20, 2018
    Orebegone.
    Oh god, that would not be fun. Certainly makes the piece of 1-1/4" PVC I poked a hole look trivial in comparison.

jamespmack, Eldiablo, cke and 7 others Thank this.
  6. RGN

RGN Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2014
    I was rolling late night/morning out by Gerlach NV big flat valley 2 lane get to the bottom and rabbits. Lots of rabbits. Like, millions of rabbits.
    Got through and another rig was headed the other way, get on the radio- whoa it up buddy there's rabbits in the road!
    No answer, I see his brake lights come on a couple of miles back.
    "Jeeeeezzzzuuusss you weren't a pullin my leg buddy!!!!"
    That was some gross stuff there let me tell you.

dwells40, Eldiablo, cke and 6 others Thank this.
  7. shooter19802003

shooter19802003 Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Idaho
    That's what's funny.......what's the odds? Really....whats the freaking chances on that? Dude, you gotta just shake your head and laugh at that. I was digging out a ditch once. I was maybe.....maybe a foot below grade and came up with a frigging wad of fiber optics. Had to make a ton of calls and file a report. I was sweating bullets. When the guy showed up to fix it he just laughed and said no big deal and fixed it pretty quick. The deal is done and You got two choices. You can shake your head and laugh or you can get your blood pressure up. Either way, the situation is still the same. I find it better to laugh.

dwells40, cke, DeereRunner97 and 6 others Thank this.
  8. Czar_Zero

Mar 20, 2018
    Orebegone.
    Glad we have a swimming pool, because that's how I washed my hands and arms. Also providing water to refill toilet tanks for flushing LOL

Also glad we have laminate floors... Tracked a bit of dirt in the house.

dwells40, Eldiablo, cke and 5 others Thank this.
  9. MOBee

MOBee Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2014
    LOL, thanks for including thexstates for this (these) critter. ID but not Oregon? It fits your description, though all the years I lived here never saw one on OR or ID.

Eldiablo, cke, DeereRunner97 and 3 others Thank this.
  10. MOBee

MOBee Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2014
    My score in 45 years is several small birds.

11. shooter19802003

shooter19802003 Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Idaho
    There were a ton of them here before the wolves came back. Now....not so many. You still see them in certain areas, just not like you used to. Dang wolves have really wreaked havoc.

cke, beastr123, DeereRunner97 and 4 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.