Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. cke

cke Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Colfax Wi
    119A0B06-225B-4DCF-B7A9-25023B359081.jpeg Current situation. Country Pride Russell Road.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia

I didn’t spend all these years away from home to be all together helpless… ;) I plugged off the line to the rear bags and chained that axle up lol, I’m rolling coal at the 133 east bound….:)

56F85BD1-7861-402C-9617-43675314D739.jpeg

4. TooTiredToTalk

TooTiredToTalk Medium Load Member

Feb 24, 2022
    I would hope not! LMAO :p:rolleyes: Keep on trucking ;) Be safe out there! 29 miles out of Lexington. Beautiful state Kentucky is!

Feedman, PoleCrusher, CAXPT and 5 others Thank this.
  5. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That might be worth a road trip.

PoleCrusher, CAXPT, TripleSix and 7 others Thank this.
  6. OLDSKOOLERnWV

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia

When you pass exit 156 look through the trees to your right, you can see the old Smokey Valley Truckstop, still has Sunoco signs on the fuel island….

It’s right where the exit ramp is

PoleCrusher, beastr123, CAXPT and 6 others Thank this.
  7. OLDSKOOLERnWV

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    Exit 156 which is 1 of the Olive Hill exits, is the way we went aroun….. or I mean I heard is the way around the west bound chicken coops….:)

Olive Hill, hometown of the Storyteller, Tom T. Hall….

Feedman, PoleCrusher, CAXPT and 8 others Thank this.
  8. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    Any you folks wanna this summer I'm down. Ill travel, or I have 22 acres you can camp, or park big trucks.

You just let me know.

Feedman, PoleCrusher, CAXPT and 10 others Thank this.
  9. Czar_Zero

Czar_Zero Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Orebegone.
    I need to take my scoot out. Been a bit too long and would probably be good for my state of mind.

Feedman, PoleCrusher, CAXPT and 7 others Thank this.
  10. MOBee

MOBee Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Sorry OldskoolernWV, Mom had a WTHeck moment. She nor anyone else sitting here do not put vises in our pockets. Now we all carry pocket knives and belt knives. But not vises in our pants pockets. If the vise pulled your pants off of your butt...God help you! Andrew (The youngest brother.) thought he was coming to the end of this life when he showed up with this pants hanging off of this backside to Moms table for dinner. We probably had 20 guests for dinner that night and they were all busy whispering intently at Andrew. "Are you stupid? Go change your pants before she sees what you have ON." (You all are welcome to my table for dinner, but please wear pants that cover your butt and a shirt.) Andrew? I ask. Ma'am? He replies. Leave my table, now. I say. Ma'am he croakes? You have forgotten what is acceptable clothing at my table, you are excused. Moooommmmm!? Either remove yourself or I will assist you and your uncovered butt away from my table.

There is no noise. No silverware scraping on plates no conversation. Just dead quiet. And then the dark clouds start to form. Quick as a lick she stands up, pushes her chair back and has Andrew by the ear. In a few more seconds she is pulling him down the hall into his bedroom. Soft words are spoken and mom returns to the table to finish dinner. Dinner and conversation returned as 25 people enjoy a favorite meal.

Andrew nor Mom would never say what was said that evening, but he never wore skater clothing again, nor did he ever attempt to embarrass her by what he was or was not wearing.

By the way she was raised she understood how important it was to have proper clothing for the situation. She insisted that we were correctly attired for all of the situations we would find ourselves involved in.

Thanks Mom, we love you.
    Son number two

11. OLDSKOOLERnWV

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia

LOL…!! Well, my comment about a vise being like a pocket knife, meant it is handy…..:D

PoleCrusher, beastr123, CAXPT and 7 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.