Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. cke

cke Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Colfax Wi
    56834B71-1C75-404B-91D1-FC217807B9C1.jpeg Time to combine some rye.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    To be fair, in the LP program. The company owns the truck until u pay them the amount agreed to in the contract. If you decide it's not for you, all the money u made for your "profit" for the month which goes towards your truck payment, which could now be considered equity in your truck, is not realized until the title in your name. Which is the main reason why buying your own truck and leasing on is always financially better, because u have equity in the equipment which can be realized by selling that truck, if u decided to get out.

4. farmerjohn64

farmerjohn64 Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2019
    I meant once I paid the sob off because if I did go forward with this ain’t nobody gonna be sodomizing me :D Idk I’ll probably wait till Wednesday just to see what the results are, if I actually get the job or not, and also probably respectfully turn it down for numerous reasons mentioned to me... a lot of times I don’t listen to people because I enjoy a good challenge, but running a truck of my own and college at the same time, probably ain’t the best thing

5. farmerjohn64

farmerjohn64 Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2019
    I haven’t even started a LP program yet and I know $1 a mile is getting ####ed rofl at first I thought FloridaMan was the highest paid company driver in the country and I was gonna jump on that train

6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Do you know how long @D.Tibbitt has in his truck? The total time invested into building his trucking business…from the time he started researching LP programs til now? Perhaps you should ask him?

“What’s your point, Six?”

You are talking about an exit in 4 years. Where was Mr Tibbit at from the time he started doing his research until the 4 year mark?

It’s like a deep sea diver trying to go deep down in the ocean with 4 minutes of oxygen. If you wanting a quick exit, should you really be planning to go so deep?

7. YardMule89

YardMule89 Road Train Member

Feb 26, 2021
    Look up LTL outfits in your area, they're always looking for combo drivers, which means working the dock and a little P&D. It will likely be a full-time position with benefits, many offer tuition reimbursement programs and you will have plenty of time for studies and get some windshield time in to boot while not having the burden of a truck on your shoulders. I don't mean to come across as abrasive but just trying to be honest with you from what I see from your posts. You don't make a LP commitment in a week after talking to some guys on a forum, that is setting yourself up behind the 8 ball from the start.

8. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    The dude on big Mack trucks was right. Every 3 months one of these new "Volvo" injection lines goes. Got 50mi away from my delivery this morning and starting getting a whiff of fuel. Didn't even need to open the hood Lol. 99% sure I knew where it was coming from. This is the 3rd one in a year.

Here's the old one, it's the back one on the right. No collar on the new ones. Right at the lip is where it's cracked. Finding an old set is the way to go.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. D.Tibbitt

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Like I said before. Truck ownership takes up all your life man. I don't have enough fingers and toes to count how many days went passed the 20hr mark from being awake to getting to bed, then u got 4 hours to be back up again to do it all over. Some things just take pure grit and determination and truck ownership is one of them.

10. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    True, the debate of company, lease, independent can go so many ways. The thing that someone needs to understand is what is the goal. Everyone has a different plan/goal, beyond just making money/revenue today.

11. D.Tibbitt

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    That is so true six. It's something that I think gets glanced over time and time again for people wanting to get into this business, is just the amount of time it takes to even have a very basic understanding of what we are doing and how to navigate.

The learning curve of just the basics of learning the freight market, is tremendous and requires months and months of constant research. and it never ends. I've been getting my ### kicked since day 1 of starting my authority. as well as jumping into rgn market with no prior experience. And 8 months later I'm finally starting to find some solid ground, and it took more money in that process than I could've ever imagine and planned for.

I've learned to love putting up a fight. Everything else comes and goes, but a fight is the only thing thats a constant in this business.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.