Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. PoleCrusher

PoleCrusher Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    LLMF
    Its how the rich get crazy rich. Buy businesses and assets from owners who are desperate to sell in bad times, then make a huge profit at the top of the wave.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    See a lot of pro-Trump stuff out here believe it or not. Hell I pass a farm every day on the way to work with "TRUMP 2024" spray painted on the side of a seacan lol.

4. farmerjohn64

farmerjohn64 Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2019
    I might actually start watching the news again if he runs so I can get quite a few cheap laughs from the whole scene

5. RGN

RGN Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2014
    I've been through a few downturns, the last one I did really well- put me where I'm at now. It helped I worked with an asset recovery outfit. The best IMO is just before the wings come completely off & having folks know you have cash on hand for small liquid assets at well below value- firearms, jewelry, collectibles.
    Just one more payment on the [rig,house, line of credit...] until things turn around!
    A lot of people don't know when to cut their losses.

6. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

As I will agree with this, and we all know the issues. I will say they are not the problem. This will not be popular. Its the general population problem. Everyone is so far in debt and ok with it. Auto loans in the US have surpassed 1.3 trillion dollars. Anyone who over bought houses in 09, and took loans they couldn't pay, regardless what they were approved for are idiot. This world is ok with debt and will figure it out later or rely on those not in debt to save them. We are needy people who elect people that fit are personal needs. Government is trash, but we are who need to take responsibility for are actions.

Not political, more of a attack on general population.

7. farmerjohn64

Jun 25, 2019
    Is it just me or the thousands of times I’ve gotten an email from a trucking recruiter starting the headline with “no touch freight” to be completely overhyped? Lol I never heard of a dry van company where you actually touch the merchandise, so why not just say dry van; I mean god forbid you get your jelly belly pilot flying j roller dog eating arse out the truck and throw a couple straps to help with your dia-beetes so that they don’t take your foot because then how are you gonna drive when you can’t touch the go go pedal

8. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    3418DD06-D883-46BC-9B0F-0B97CE369004.jpeg The world may be ending, but we’re gonna get drunk and eat well.

9. stwik

stwik Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2017
    USA USA USA!!!
  10. farmerjohn64

Jun 25, 2019
    I’d be on the fence about no touch flatbed freight, just drive up to the loading site like it’s a car wash with a billboard that’s got some big soapy jugs on it, feet kicked up looking out the mirror then you see a western express type of worker with purple dyed hair, pink leggings and flip flops trying to use straps for aluminum coils loaded suicide, spitting out your non alcoholic margarita beverage all over the steering wheel, “What the #### are you doing? Get away from my truck! I don’t care if you get paid to do this go buy some more grease for your hair and piss off!”

11. Big Road Skateboard

Big Road Skateboard Road Train Member

May 2, 2021
    Gimme that sippy cup full of liquor, and I'll ride that pink pony in the corner. No shame either

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.