Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    3 babies around here keeps thing interesting for sure.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. singlescrewshaker

singlescrewshaker Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Little Havana, FL

Got your six FJ, that's the only reason I spoke up.. :thumbup:

Maybe I thought wrong, but figured you'd need $20-$30k at the minimum nowadays to get a degree, let alone cost of living while in school.. Could be that dollar figure is way off, I just don't know..?

Then I hear the words lease purchase :eek: & automatically think RUUUUUUN!! @D.Tibbitt is the only real success story I'm aware of, & that boy worked his tail off to get where he is.! :thumbup: Not that you can't do the same, but the timing is rough right now. You might pay double what Tibbit did for Bluebird, & battle lower freight rates along the way..

You also come from Western... :eek:
    "IF" you do decide to get your own rig, it'll be so different from that pile of a company.. Could actually enjoy truck'n & make a career.? Bandit over Buford T. Justice all day!!

Brettj3876, D.Tibbitt, MOBee and 6 others Thank this.
  4. CAXPT

CAXPT Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2008
    Michigan
    Because August Primary Elections are coming, and they're trying to play on the public's short memory by temporarily lowering the prices on fuel until after the election so they can raise it again with their anti fossil fuel agenda.

5. farmerjohn64

farmerjohn64 Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2019
    I applied for TMC last night but I probably won’t hear back until tomorrow since it’s the weekend lol same type of truck they have at DSV and I’m sure they’re a good company if you’re one of the ones who actually wanna work; I guess all I really wanna do at the end of the day is the job itself, then kick back at night working on my school work lol hey you gotta announce it to the whole world that I drove for western or somethin :D

6. RGN

RGN Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2014
    Now there's four old guys and one young woman hauling out of the quarry. She'd never run a loader, got on the 980 ran through what everything did with her "don't back over anything you'll squish it flat!". She loads her own truck, not fast or smooth but she'll get better. A lot of guys won't come in unless someone is there to load them.

7. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    If your looking at large companies, you might want to consider Maverick as an option.

singlescrewshaker, MOBee, cke and 4 others Thank this.
  8. farmerjohn64

farmerjohn64 Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2019
    i know they haul a lot of glass, never had to do that before

9. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    They primarily run regular sticks, bricks and steel flatbed freight, they do have a glass and boat haul groups.

10. Joho444

Joho444 Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2019

PoleCrusher Thanks this.
  11. Joho444

Joho444 Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2019

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.