Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    That's one of the big problems with our school system. They take a one-size, cookie cutter approach to education. Not all kids learn the same. I went to school with a lot of kids who barely passed but were by no means stupid. A few were honestly borderline genius. Just nobody took the time to actually bring the potential out of them.

Most of my teachers just taught by assigning work out of a textbook and marked papers. Very few actually took the time to actually teach their subject.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell

Showing my age, aren’t I?

4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Me personally if I'm going to bust my ### all week away from home and run hard to make that truck payment and take all the risk. I'd want to have equity in the truck , so when its paid for I sell it and gain back some of the money invested in payments.. How does one ever get ahead on a rental?

When I wrecked blue bird, I rented a spare truck from the company at the low price of 850 dollars a week and .15 cents a mile. On a truck with over 700k miles on it.. I had to run hard 4 days a week just to break even on that payment + all other expenses.. Essentially working just to work. Who the he'll wants to do that

5. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

Thats 100%. I've hauled tractors, man lifts, forklifts, machinery,and metal products. I could go on forever. Its not all sheet paper in dry vans. Most would be surprised.

6. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

Should win ttr post of the day.

7. farmerjohn64

farmerjohn64 Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2019
    man i just got contacts for the second time and i cant see a freakin thing but if i remember correctly this is normal at first lol

singlescrewshaker, CAXPT and cke Thank this.
  8. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Little bit.

That's all a lot of those kids need, somebody to explain things in a way they can understand it.

9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    I do, but our work is a slightly different animal than a hand bomb load of Dollar store garbage where you’ll be fingerprinting every box. Our freight is pretty much all palletized.

10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That actually came from the doofuses who buy things like grills off the Internet and think I’m taking it around to the backyard and putting it up on the deck.

Nope. That’s your job. As far I can help you is the edge of the pavement.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.