Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    My sibling just did theirs and it was just a few day course. The school they went to was a joke and very unprofessional. Encouraged other riders to blast their horns at the slower riders and what not. It was supposed to be a course meant for zero-experience riders and it sounds like they did very little teaching and just yelled at students when they did something wrong. A few in their class actually sold their bikes because the school's attitude wrecked it for them.

I'll probably just buy a bike and teach myself if its going to be a ####-show like that.

Crusader66, DeereRunner97, cke and 6 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. singlescrewshaker

singlescrewshaker Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Little Havana, FL
  4. Flint1

Flint1 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2019
    Alberta
    My wife did a course thru t n t. It was excellent and professional. My son used the same this summer. Great results.
    I've been riding since I was 4. My wife showed me a few things...

5. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Did she need to book a road test after the course or was that all part of the course?

Crusader66, DeereRunner97, cke and 5 others Thank this.
  6. Flint1

Flint1 Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2019
    Alberta
    I think both were available. My wife was 10 years ago.
    My son has been riding since he was 4 too.
    He took a private, 1 on 1 2 hour prep for the test course after 3 months of riding with me.
    My son had his test booked prior. He was intending to do the test on the XL250 enduro, but the 6 volt lights were acting up. So he did the test on my 700lb ST1300 and aced it.

Buy a bike. I'm heading on a 3 day butt busting tour of bc in a week or 2. I'll be coming home up thru jasper. You will have it figured by the time we make home. Haha

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
  7. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    As far as I'm aware your correct. But in a glider idk. Late 2016-17 you could still get a full replacement FLD cab built and painted to oem vin, or bare. So who know what they were willing to sell. Most dont understand how much custom work FL used to do. If you could pay for it, they would build it. Maybe standard production ended 03. Some had ISX in 03 also.

8. Rontonio

Rontonio Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2009
  9. Czar_Zero

Czar_Zero Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2018
    Orebegone.
    Was just about to say the same thing . Very distinct paint scheme.

10. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    With the paint and drop axle, would most definitely agree with that.

Crusader66, DeereRunner97, cke and 6 others Thank this.
  11. MOBee

MOBee Road Train Member

Apr 27, 2014
    Against my better judgement I got into the flood waters to clean out the culvert that was jambed pack with "stuff". I kept thinking that I would be lucky if I got done with this before getting snake bit. I have never seen a culvert so plugged up a this one was, it took me two hours to get everything out of it and the water flowing freely again. Old man was on the downstream side of the culvert, thankfully. It was after I got out that I saw the only cotton mouth during this entire procedure. With all of the rain we are suppose to get in the coming week, it had to be done, but it sure did knock the wind out of my sails. Nap time I think.

pete781693, DeereRunner97, cke and 7 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.