Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    “Stupid” is the One World Religion. Stupid is so prevalent today that you cannot avoid it. All age groups. Everyone you meet, bet on them being stupid. It is actually surprising and refreshing to meet someone who is not stupid.

Went to the pub last night. Saw a guy I know, Bill, sitting on the patio with an attractive 40 year old female. He asked me to join them. She was from NYC, got mugged, tried to defend herself and realized that they (no political talk) were hindering her 2nd amendment. She went 180 degrees, moved out and went gun shopping. Tried a 9mm, tried the 45auto. What did she buy? A 357 snub. Why a wheel gun? “Because I always hit what I am aiming at!” Good answer. She educated herself. WINNER.

I haven’t see Bill around a woman before, but suddenly he played, “the Smartest Guy in the Room” card. (uhoh…this won’t end well). “I’m from the Midwest. I am an expert with guns. You don’t know anything blah blah blah can I get your phone number? Perhaps we could go shooting?”

Bill is stupid.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tramm01

tramm01 Road Train Member

Sep 13, 2013
    Idaho
    Yes he is— you don’t want to ever teach a woman how to shoot unless you plan to stay around the rest of your life— made that mistake 28 years ago with the other half and then with the daughter— shows you how smart I am

4. tramm01

Sep 13, 2013
    Idaho
    And I’ll probably do it again if I live long enough
    F8E54589-8670-406E-A921-A19F5D427AF4.jpeg

5. exhausted379

exhausted379 Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2013
    I really feel sorry for your age group, and what you guys have to choose from as far as a mate goes. I have two grandkids, a boy and a girl and cousins, one is 22 and the other 23. Both have worked since they graduated high school and both live alone. Their complaint is the same in that they can't find anyone with their values. Makes me wonder just what in the hell kids are being taught at home, if anything. Sorry for the rant

6. tramm01

Sep 13, 2013
    Idaho
    I’ll shoot you Junior Squid’s phone # and you can pass it on to the granddaughter— He gets back from deployment pretty soon

7. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    There's pretty slim pickins out there if you're looking for quality. Quantity is easy enough to get.

8. RGN

RGN Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2014
    The bull elk I posted a pic of came through this morning with his herd. He was munching away and a spike came over the hill, the big guy looked over, tipped his head and ambled up the hill. The spike stood for a bit then galloped back over and down the other side.
    Someday you'll have a herd of 20 or so cows and a bunch of calves young man.
    But not today.
    I'm not sorry I moved here and that's my(?) back yard. Mother Nature is awesome.

9. exhausted379

exhausted379 Road Train Member

Dec 1, 2013
    What a picture. That belongs in a fireproof safe.

10. RGN

RGN Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2014
    I was working on a machine last week a guy rolled in nice KW, polished everything, chrome, LED, painted frame...on & on. I could see he was frustrated crawling under with some kind of problem so I went to see if I could help. "my right rear brake is locking up". Let's see what's up.
    Two rolled cams, 30/30 locked up, slack frozen......two of six brakes working.
    Chrome don't make it go. Or stop.

11. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    ‎The Art of Manliness: How to Turn a Boy Into a Man on Apple Podcasts
    Key words are AT HOME. That’s where the primary education should be. Heard this podcast a few weeks ago. A young son asked his dad about when he would know when he would become a Man. Dad thought about it and came up with this 6 year rite of passage. Had to listen to it twice while driving. Planning on sitting down and taking notes.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.