Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    IMG_9444.JPG

Just walked down and took this pic as it sets today.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Have you ever compared motorcycle notes with @truckdad ?

4. OLDSKOOLERnWV

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    No truer words ever spoken!!!

My uncle Lester that that took me in was a self employed water well driller. The Rig I cut my teeth on was a Bucyrus Erie 21W from the late 40's mounted on a 1960 International B170. I grew up working on flathead engines and pouring Babbitt bearings on these old drilling rigs.
    The sidewalk sissies you mentioned don't deserve our acknowledgment!! And you are correct, outside of this thread I'm basically lost myself, can't compute with some in this forum, not meaning to sound like a bad guy.

5. OLDSKOOLERnWV

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    No Sir sure ain't....

6. DougA

DougA Road Train Member

Dec 16, 2013
    Retired,In my shop in Md.
    A Cool Barn Find! For me anyway. My mechanic son called me yesterday,was up at a good friend neighbors dairy farm,told me they had truck trouble,wanted me to come take a look. They have a very nice 85 conventional Pete day cab tractor,pulls their farm trailers around. Big Cam Cummins,locked up. We pull the oil filters off,cut em open,full of bearing pieces,not good. I tell him,we can pull this engine out and fix it,or do you have any spare old Cummins around. It's an old farm,lots of stuff.
    Owner tells me he has a Cummins genset he acquired a few years ago,ran good,he thinks it's an 855. OK,lets go take a look,these pics are what he showed me,way cool for an old Cummins guy. First glance I know it's a 743,crawl around it a little,it's an old 6 HRS, Cummins old mechanically supercharged engine,bad ### in its day,they were around 230-240 hp. Probably 55-65 years old,almost as old as me. Good tag on it,I have the numbers,can't find a listing. Just thought some of you might like to see an old Cummins supercharger,affectionately know as "The Iron Lung",back in the day. Told him you don't want this in your Pete,lol,but I would love to find someone restoring a real old truck and put this old gem back to work.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Zeviander

Zeviander Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2015
    Winnipeg, MB, CA
    Yep. Anything with a finger ring, double-edged blade or any spring or centrifugal assist is prohibited. And evaluation of the blade is discretionary by the officer, if they think you intend to use it as more than a "tool" it gets confiscated (so even a curved blade like the karambit applies most of the time). Also, you can't conceal them either.

And with the increase in violent crime and assaults up here, I don't feel safe walking around without one these days.

8. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Guy I work with got his bike license this spring and bought a crotch rocket straight away. I'm honestly suprised he hasn't ended up in the hospital yet. Rides with a helmet and flip flops. I almost backed over him a few months ago. ####ing dummy decided to slip past my pickup as I was backing in to a parking spot at work. Just zero common sense. I haven't got a bike or ridden but common sense says a guy should be wearing a bit better protection than flip flops.

9. snowman_w900

snowman_w900 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2010
    What the heck you doin with that stuff ol boy?

10. snowman_w900

snowman_w900 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2010
    I'm rolling towards Cumberland, MD. 20181112_143642.jpg

11. Tug Toy

Tug Toy Road Train Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Corn field
    They are spraying the sodium chloride by the tanker full here in south west Texas like crazy.

Nothing in the forecast about rain or snow and a low of 37 deg. 3DAEF6AC-7318-4F91-BF52-40F00592A9B6.jpeg

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.