Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. SAR

SAR Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2011
    ND
    No need for chains where I'm at, it is mostly flat country with some small hills.

I did install the pusher axle myself and moved the tanks ahead to make room for it. I took the tanks off and moved the brackets 4 inches ahead and luckily there was pre-drilled holes already for it so wasn't too hard. I can still reach the fuel fill area easily with the nozzle. I like the double strapped tanks also.

I have seen guys just slide the tanks ahead on the straps to allow for the pushers and It looks awful imo cause then you see the old marks where the straps were and just don't look right.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hurricane69

Hurricane69 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2008
    Iowa
    We burnt the one inch spacer we used on a plasma table and bolted one side in the old holes and used the spacer as a guide to drill the new holes if that makes sense. I didn't drill them...had a couple young fellas that are alot more flexible than me do it.

This reminds me maybe I'll go pay a visit to the guy that has my axle. Nine months is plenty of time to rebuild it IMO.

4. 1951 ford

1951 ford Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Goddard, KS
    Lookin sharp!!!!

Thank You!!!

5. 1951 ford

1951 ford Road Train Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Goddard, KS
    0121181852a.jpg
    When you've had a long, hard day of napping and want on dad's lap to snooze, but he won't quit taking your picture.

6. stwik

stwik Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2017
    USA USA USA!!!
    IMG_1225.JPG

The final situation for the night before I retire.

More elevators back to D.C. in the morning. Small silver lining is customer has overnight parking so I won't need to ride in from Breezewood at 0 dark thirty.

7. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Well been a hard couple days, I had got shameful of my ol truck. Fixed a power steering leak, found air to air clamps loose again can't seem to keep em tight. Put new quarter fenders and mud flap hangers on and a kit in the drier.

Just put my stuff in the truck I reckon it's go time y'all be cool

8. Hurricane69

Sep 10, 2008
    Iowa
    Will you take a day off....your making my wife rethink the bed linen I been telling her.....

9. SAR

SAR Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2011
    ND
    @Hurricane69 how is the front lift on your trailer been holding up? I seem to remember you saying they redesigned it somehow? Do you have a choice or control of lifting or putting down each one or do they both work together?

My 2013 doesn't have a front lift and I wish it did. I don't think it was an option at the time, just the rear.

10. cke

cke Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Colfax Wi
  11. Hurricane69

Sep 10, 2008
    Iowa
    They offered it in 013 but I spaced it off when I ordered it. Tried to add it.....Timpte is the preferred dealer....they wouldn't warranty my suspension if I added it so I traded for my 015. It needed brakes and a tarp but they messed around long enough I had to change the breaks and a couple tires.

I like it and waited three months for engineering to redesign it. They had nine built running in Nebraska when I ordered mine. They wanted to redesign it. Mine has 1/4" cross tubes instead of 3/16" and some extra braces. I still had to call Scott the vp of sales to but a boot in their axx to get it done. I do notice less drag when I have it up but haven't noticed a change in milage. It does help on tire wear IF the trailer is aligned. You'll still go through back axle tires once a year running 100k but the front ones will last 2-3-4 years. Mine was out of alignment... It's always messed up from the factory. I haven't had any issues with it but keep in mind it's a $2500 option. It also has a different air system. I have pressure reliefs on the bags so if you forget to put down your front axle you won't pop a bag.

I won't order another trailer without it but I'm not sure the cost pencils out. After my rant there is a valve for the front as same as the rear. I drop it when loading or when going into a tight area.

It's kind of like the aluminum king pin plate. I figured that at a over two year payoff so I've never ordered it. I had no intention keeping this trailer this long and probably should have traded it at two years.

That's probably way more info than you was looking for.....

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.