Where is everyone #5

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by DDlighttruck, Aug 27, 2017.

1. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    Met my bride up to the Mexican joint for our Valentine supper. As my usual she got her long stem roses. One per year, getting sorta expensive. I guess ordering the Pepsi gave me away, her next question was I didn't see your truck how'd you get here? All I could say is it's out back. I got the dreaded slow nod we all know what I mean. Other that it was normal. For 20 years the last thing she always says to me is "be safe". After 20 years I'm still trying to ease out in real cool low and slow. Whether it's one stick standard H or 2 in horse shoe I always miss one. We was flawless tonite baby whooo!!!!!!!!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snowman_w900

snowman_w900 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2010
    I put a lift axle kit on the front axle of my stepdeck. I used a manual air/electric 4 way valve. I got the solenoid wired to the pigtail and a switch in the cab, but I still have the knob on the valve on the trailer if I want to control it manually. Then I just plumbed/wired a dump valve on the rear axle. They tried to sell me a kit for the automatic drop but I said no.

2 reasons...

1. If the valve to the bags decided not to work right, it's just another thing to aggravate you and cause problems.

2. On the spread, sometimes having that front axle down when empty can help turn in a tight turn, especially with the back axle dumped.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Give it about 6 hours and don’t stray too far from the mens’ room. :eek:

5. stwik

stwik Road Train Member

Oct 8, 2017
    USA USA USA!!!
    Short bounce down to Laredo with more roofing...

I've always wondered if I should bother learning Spanish. Probably take at least an hour off my delivery time tomorrow if I knew their language.

6. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    -_-
    Took the van out tonite. Beat feet down to this warehouse in queens. No one is here. All doors are locked. Building is dark.
    Son of a #####. I can't believe I missed Valentine's Day dinner for this. If I had took it home I'd have been there for 8. Now I'm gonna be too tired and annoyed to do my lady's to do list.

7. HillbillyDeluxeTruck

HillbillyDeluxeTruck Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    San Antone

Meh, I run to Laredo and never have a problem. But 13yrs in construction in Az and Houston, I learned how to talk to them without knowing much spanish.

Im sitting in Odessa at Loves waiting for a shower. 1st one of the week and with all the other issues, I lm just slightly passed tired.

8. Keith Lindsay

Keith Lindsay Light Load Member

Apr 3, 2016
    Loda, IL
    Done til Tuesday. Gotta clean out the maroon truck and step deck tomorrow, getting ready for the new one when I get back from Bama. Heading to Grand Bay, AL tomorrow night with mama to look at houses. Said it before, we’re not dealing with another Midwest winter !!!!

9. SAR

SAR Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2011
    ND
    How's your new truck working out for you @sawmill? Does that 7CZ have plenty of power?

cke, 1951 ford, Crusader66 and 8 others Thank this.
  10. sawmill

sawmill Road Train Member

May 29, 2015
    Evanston, WY
    No big complaints..there's a few little things I need to address but the truck runs well. First load had me at 84K and this one is at 89K and it pulls like a freight train compared the the Rat Rod, though I'm sure it still couldn't pass @superhauler 's monster.

I was surprised to find that my empty weight only went up to 44240 with this one, up from 43160 with the old truck. I expected to be around 47K.

I know it needs a muffler or a resonator or something...there's quite a drone to the exhaust at about 1500 rpm. I need to order a few of the little indicator lights for some of the toggle switches. Already bought new fuel tank rubber straps to replace the ones on here that are deformed. For some reason they rotated the tanks so the fill hole is right on top...and on these 86 studio sleepers the fill hole is toward the front of the tank so it's not exactly easy to wedge a fuel nozzle in there.

But overall I'd say there isn't much to complain about.

cke, johndeere4020, ShooterK2 and 13 others Thank this.
  11. OLDSKOOLERnWV

OLDSKOOLERnWV Captain Redbeard

Nov 29, 2011
    West Virginia
    Guess it's because I worked some of the area so much, but always liked southern AL. Run 90 west from Grand Bay to Washington Ave? And turn right toward the interstate, just across the bridge on the right was I think it was called Mikes on the Bayou. Use to be pretty good place to eat. Of course there's good places on the causeway too on the Bay. Felix's you can actually get a Rig off the road easy and walk to it. Exit 13 on I-65 is Wintzell's Oyster House, entertaining just to read all the sayings on the walls lol. I think they told me there is well over 2000 in the building. Always liked their crab soup. Hope y'all find a place you like.

cke, johndeere4020, ShooterK2 and 7 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.