Where is everyone?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Cluck Cluck, Jun 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leftlanetruckin

leftlanetruckin Road Train Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Mo Via Blackpool,Lancs.
    Agreed!
    A storm came through here as I got here though, and the very back is a mud pit. So took 2 spots on the last row of paved parking. They'll get over it....
    Kinda lucked out today though. I left the house to load this morning in Ne, but when I pulled into the loading area they said my load was down for tomorrow! Ends up our office can't read dates too well......turned out tehy got the machine ready for me at lunchtime, so was a good deal all things considered!
    Martin

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Martin, How wide are you?
    They are doing some work on 80 in Wy. 12' can clear easy and then on 30 in Id. just before hot lava springs I think it is there a 12 wide restriction.They had signs showing you make a right then follow some road and come back to 30 just west of the bridge they are working on.

4. leftlanetruckin

Mar 12, 2009
    Mo Via Blackpool,Lancs.
    Nice.....13'8" on this one, although normally every bit of 14' as a rule (not counting bulge).
    Looks like a few more miles will be getting paid on this one!
    Thanks for the heads up mate, may be interesting at the WY POE tomorrow huh? Hopefully they get my Id before I get Wy so I dont get screwed on that:biggrin_25525:

Martin

SHC Thanks this.
  5. passingthru69

Well I think you might be taking the senic rte. in western Wy.
    Hopefully the winds won't be like last Fri. 50 mph plus.
    Pulling that asphalt plant was not fun. Air going down the top opening and the coming out the small hole in the rear.
    Felt like I was pulling my 13 axle again fully maxed out. Got 2.5 mpg that day

6. passingthru69

ATS ran 2 16' 5" wide around the detour. Met a buddy of mine who had one of the lds. Plus a pole. Not sure of his hgt. though

7. leftlanetruckin

Mar 12, 2009
    Mo Via Blackpool,Lancs.
    Ahh the memories of the triple 3......
    I think the worse I got (that I dare to remember), was when I fueled here in Big Springs, ran across 80 to WY POE. I gave them the weights when I called to get my clearance number. Get on the scale, do the deal, pull off and go inside.
    I looked at the weights they had, and thought I got away with something! Not a big difference, but every bit counts with Wy at those weights.
    Was kinda happy, until I looked at the fuel gauge and realized I was just over half empty!
    Yeah, I miss those fuel bills every day.....:biggrin_2559:

Martin

8. SHC

SHC Spoiled Rotten Brat O/O

Feb 26, 2011
    Westville, IN
    I'm running across 80 this weekend going to Idaho Falls... what's the best route? I have not peeled off I-80 in Western Wyoming at all. It's only 50 miles longer to take 80-84-15. Was just wondering how US191/US189/US26 was to run ???

9. leftlanetruckin

Mar 12, 2009
    Mo Via Blackpool,Lancs.
    I80 to just past Little America (exit 66 IIRC), then US30 into Idaho.
    That will put you out onto I15 in Id at McCammon. There is a Flying J at the intersection of I15 and US30, and another on 30 in Wy at Cokeville.
    Pretty good running, we always run that way with permitted loads.

Martin

SHC Thanks this.
  10. leftlanetruckin

Mar 12, 2009
    Mo Via Blackpool,Lancs.
    Well, Co denied my permit, so having to run up, across and back down in Ne to get to Wy.
    Now waiting for pilot car to call me.....Fun fun
    Just found out Idaho wont let me in on 30 neither, so straight across 80 (in theory) it is.
    Martin

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
  11. MJ1657

MJ1657 Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2012
    Isanti, MN
    Standing out in the rain loading corn.

Looks like the grain hauling is slowing down and I'll have to hook onto the flat next week.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.