Where should a client look for a hauler?

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Redbeardfifty, Jan 30, 2022.

1. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Quit agonizing over the whole thing. Drive it.

Speedy356 and Midwest Trucker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Just do it man. Who cares. Life is full of reasons to not do things. Sometimes it’s best to shake things up. Your 6 yr old will never forget, your 2 yr old will like seeing pics and maybe even remember a small piece, and your wife... well... sometimes it’s good to get a reminder that even the hottest princess isn’t always the most attractive. ;)

4. Redbeardfifty

Redbeardfifty Bobtail Member

Jan 30, 2022
    Lolz. We are giving the broker until the 8th to find a trailer. Then I’m making flight and drive plans for the 16th…

Wife can’t get the time off work, so it will be me making the run in peace and quite.

then once home and run to bode ghost town with the fam.

5. Midwest Trucker

Aug 31, 2018
    Doesn’t matter what I think, but since you came to TTR yourself... at least pull the 6 yr old out of school and take him/her with you. Some of my fondest memories are flying out to the southwest in summer of 1990 as a 6 yr old and spending time driving around with my parents. I’m not even kidding a little bit. Do it!

6. Midwest Trucker

Aug 31, 2018
    The impression was large enough that sometime between August of 2022 and August of 2023 while my boy is 6 I intend to do the same.

Gosh, seeing the Hoover ####, lake Powell, at the time rainbow bridge, the folks selling stuff on the side of the road in the desert, the little sand tornadoes that randomly happen at a rest area, the Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, so priceless. Even if you can’t afford to spend that much over all time, do it for your kid while getting the vehicle you’ve longed for.

I will bow out of this thread now...

7. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    It was delivered to the dealership on an open carrier and it survived. Contact companies directly. Start with Hansen & Adkins they are based out of California. They mostly haul for manufacturers but may be able to turn you on to an actual company if they are not interested. Reliable has enclosed and open carriers but make take a long time to get it moved. You’ll hear “when we have a truck in the area” a lot. When I worked for Virginia Transportation Corporation we would get loads to Ca. Every once in a while and were always looking for something to haul back east. It’s tough to find someone running a particular lane that will haul a private owned vehicle but not impossible. Finding a reputable broker is nearly impossible! Good luck wading thru that swamp!

oh and you might want to try moving companies. They may be able to turn you on to a car hauler that will get it done. I met a guy once that moved cars for a furniture moving company that had Government contracts.

Banker and Redbeardfifty Thank this.
  8. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Most of these survived all the way to the dealer. You may have good luck with the hot shot or camper delivery guys on their forum page. Some of those guys deadhead back to get more campers and the right guy for the right price may pick you truck up on the way back east. It won’t be cheap but it would likely get delivered quicker than with a broker. 55D9D2BF-BA4E-460A-9768-CB291DB44F4C.png

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  9. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Never mind my post. I just read it was going to California from Iowa. I was thinking it was going the other way. A larger carrier that is deadheading back to California to load may help. I don’t know if Hansen and Adkins would do it but I know United Road does POV units. It still is going to take time because nobody is going to send a truck to that location to pick up one unit and take it directly to California unless they happen to be there already. Needle in a haystack!

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  10. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    F5237471-19E1-4B3F-8BE8-8A61D8824C11.png Call this lady. She handles special moves and may point you in the right direction.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.