Where to buy a truck with low credit score and up to 5000.00 down payment

Discussion in 'Trucker Taxes and Truck Financing' started by Masons1234, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Masons1234

Masons1234 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2019
    I’m looking to find companies that will lease to you a semi to buy with bad credit but you have to put down up to 5000.00 If anyone knows of any companies please let me know. Also the buyer must be allowed to run his truck under who he or she chooses!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ACO476

ACO476 Light Load Member

Jan 16, 2016
    Texas
    How much truck are you looking to buy? How long have you been in the industry, specifically driving? Even with okay credit, you're more than likely looking at possibly a 25-35% down payment, maybe more. I think Lone Mountain might be an option for you, but I think they look for 3 years of driving and a solid business plan. Still might be worth a look.

4. OnTheLevel357

OnTheLevel357 Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2017
    MHC,lone mountain,otr leasing.

5. IndianaF150

IndianaF150 Medium Load Member

Apr 27, 2014
    I hate to burst your bubble, but w/bad credit and only $5k down, you need to lease through a truck company that you have to drive for.

I just went down this road, buying a truck. I had a fico score of over 800, i had more than enough money to pay $30k cash and plenty left over for any emergency that might arise, and “did it ever” :)

I got screwed so bad. I had a mechanic check the truck out and it ran strong. A week later i’m 1,000 miles from home, sitting in Miami w a $40k repair estimate. Being that i’m 58 yrs old, i had the money Saved to pay it, but i could get another truck for $40k.

After a little research i realized that i had been defrauded by the dealer, got an atty and threatened to sue the dealer. Now 3 months later i just got the truck back. The dealer was required to reimburse me, which he did, but it was a roller coaster of a ride for 3 months.

Central freight lines advertises that they will lease you a truck with NO credit check. They will lease a new 2019 cascadia and you can make $200,000/year.

Check their site. You have to run for them for 4 years.

I don’t know the numbers on their offer, but i’m guessing they’ll be ripping you off too, but at least you’ll be making enough money that getting ripped off a little, but with $200k/yr you might still be better off than staying a co. Driver somewhere.

All these dealerships that advertise they will lease you one of their trucks won’t help you with $5k down, even with good credit.

Once you get good credit and at least $10k, they’ll finance a truck, but theyre gonna rip you big time. You’ll end up being limited to where you can buy the truck.

A truck that can be bought at Penske or Ryder for $30k will cost you $50k at these other places, but when you’re done paying the finance charges, that $30k truck you bought for $50k will end up costing you $70k.

I’m an Air Force veteran, i found out that, If anybody offers you a military discount, grab your nuts in your hand and run as fast as you can, cuz they’re about to rip you off !!

Make sure you have at least $20k in savings for when that truck breaks down the day after you buy it.

That warranty you paid extra for probably won’t cover what goes wrong. Those warranties are not written to your advantage anymore than you can expect to have a fair chance of visiting Vegas and “coming out ahead”.

If i had only $5k, i’d be eating 3 cans of tuna every day and living in my truck until i had a lot more.

I know nothing about central freight lines so search thiss board for more info..

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    lynchy, D.Tibbitt, Ruthless and 3 others Thank this.
  6. GraniteRiver

GraniteRiver Light Load Member

Apr 22, 2018
    You might be able to get a ProStar from Lone Mountain

7. skytrash

skytrash Light Load Member

Apr 6, 2017
    denton , tx
    I was with central for a year, they're actually pretty good as far as the truck goes. they let you do what you want with it, no mandatory maintenance account ect.

at the time they paid .90 a mile loaded, .83 empty plus FSC , they will keep you running and after a few months if you show them your dependable they might offer you a dedicated run.

I ran the extra board, I would burn up my 70 in 6 days and go home for a couple.

miles were easy to get and that is the problem with milage contracts, your wearing the truck out quickly.

the good thing is the truck lease is not through Central but an outside company. if you don't like it there you can move the truck to a different company. there are some hoops to jump through but not many.

after a year I moved my truck to a percentage company and am making more money on way less miles. only trade off is I'm not home as much, but since I'm single and my kids are grown it doesn't matter to me.

if your interested pm me and I'll give you some info. I can even show you the contracts I signed with them

SteerTire and IndianaF150 Thank this.
  8. IndianaF150

Apr 27, 2014

A prostar :(:(:( I wouldnt trust anybody listed in the Truck Paper. Try Hertz or Penske, just my opinion

9. GreenPete359

GreenPete359 Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Driving my recliner
    With 5grand down, you can get a loan on a $50,000 truck. I know a guy who did it

10. Joetro

Joetro Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Post Falls, ID
    $30K down and a FICO of 800? Why on Earth wouldn't you buy new?

lilillill and SteerTire Thank this.
  11. IndianaF150

Apr 27, 2014
    Why would i ? A new truck is $150,000.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.