Where to get collision work done?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Dallison, Feb 19, 2024.

1. Dallison

Dallison Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2021
    The quote I got from insurance was for all aftermarket parts from 4states trucks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    That’s common, they want to pay out as little as they can. How much is your truck insured for? How much was the quote with aftermarket parts? What is the average value of a 2007 379? If using genuine parts pushes you past 50% of market value they’ll probably total it out.

4. Dallison

Dallison Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2021
    Not sure average market value but it’s insured for $50k and quite was almost $27k

5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    the body parts are ok but the mechanical parts, I do not allow used or aftermarket parts to be used to replace accident damage parts because you don't know what you get.

Vampire Thanks this.
  6. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Any heavy duty truck dealership’s body shop has the capability to fix your truck, but if you want it to be returned back to factory with the original OEM nuts, bolts, fasteners, rivets, huck bolts, body parts when it rolled off the assembly line, then I would take it to a PACCAR dealer’s body shop to get it fixed.

It could either be KW or Peterbilt.

If none of those things matter, any independent truck body shop can fix your truck.

Also a lot of body shops will charge a fee of $100 and up for an estimate, which will be credited to the bill if you decide to get the truck repaired at that shop.

7. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    The Peterbilt across from 4 states in Joplin has one of the best body shops in the country. They use to be the "Trick your truck" before 4 states opened.

They still do lots of custom stuff though.

The actual body shop in the back is bigger than the dealership/mechanic building in the front...

I'd call and speak with the body shop manager Glin.

They are good people to deal with and do excellent work.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2024
    Vampire and Long FLD Thank this.
  8. lester

lester Midwest's #1 Feed Hauler

Jan 2, 2012
    NW, Iowa
    one thing I can think of for sure is big trucks use a lot of hucks and rivets. Don't know that I've seen to many automobiles with those. so that's some tooling an avg body shop wouldn't have.. plus trucks are just a lot bigger

Long FLD Thanks this.
  9. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    Peterbilt in Garden City was good back when Tom managed it. They fixed my FLD after I smacked a deer. But he retired a few years ago and I have no idea what it’s like now.

10. broke down plumber

broke down plumber Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2024
    bondo that sob then some bondo on that liquid bondo then shag carpet that dam bondo . Oh wait this aint jimbo ricketts hair doo , peanuts and V hickle fixin shop . Lol

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  11. Vampire

Vampire Medium Load Member

May 14, 2011
    Transylvania
    Very much this! Take it to a dealer. Get all factory parts.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.