where to go from here

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by damnewB, Sep 28, 2011.

1. damnewB

damnewB Bobtail Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Davison MI
    I just got done with trucking school and I have all my endorsements. I get out of the Marine corps in 2 weeks and was wonder what are some good companies to start with. I looked at some companies websites and some of them just sound like bull ####. so if i could get some help it would be much apprecitated!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigR

BigR Road Train Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Shawnee, OK
    Check out TWT if ya wanta' stay on the west coast & haul reefer, their a good company, i started out there. Also their sister company System Transport pulls flatbeds all 48. Their out of Spokane, WA. Good luck to ya, and thank you for your service.

damnewB Thanks this.
  4. Heart of Dixie

Heart of Dixie Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Chelsea, Alabama
    Wherever you go, whatever you do, no matter how good it sounds, do not lease purchase a truck from the company you are going to lease on with. If you decide to become an O/O, save the down payment and go buy one. Then you are a free agent and not a serf.
    Best wishes in your new career.

damnewB Thanks this.
  5. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    I work for schneider national i am not trying to recruit you but schneider is very military friendly and a good company to work for. sure there's some small issues but all companies have them. i'm not saying it's a right fit for you but it's worth a shot. i work for them and thats why i'm telling you about them from a first hand experience not hear say. i won't put ay other companies down either. either way talk to the actual current drivers from which ever trucking company you narrow it down to. good luck and thanks for your service.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.