Where would you like to see new LOVE'S be built?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by BeHereNow97, Nov 23, 2020.

1. PureLeafTea

PureLeafTea Light Load Member

Mar 21, 2013
    I don’t care just stop putting heart diseases in them…errr… I mean Hardee’s!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Val_Caldera

Val_Caldera Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2021
    TARHEEL
    Who Has/Had Any Word On MartinFromBC???
    He was fun to talk with......then nothing.:(
    Thanks for any information!!

4. teams567

teams567 Medium Load Member

Jan 3, 2022
    Idea for new Loves: top end of US 63 in Iowa near the Casey's that's there. It's about 5 miles or so from the MN line.

There's quite a few trucks going through that area..build a Loves with maybe 50 to 70 parking spots.

Add a Mexican fast food place and I think the area will see some clientele

5. northstarfire0693

northstarfire0693 Heavy Load Member

Jul 1, 2006
    AZ
    Loves has gone to crap. Parking is a joke. Wait forever in line for fuel because other idiots block the fuel island.

6. BeHereNow97

BeHereNow97 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2020
    I was driving on I85 a few days ago and I passed by a Love's in Pelzer, SC just outside of Greenville, SC. I didn't stop but just looked at it as I was passing it on the interstate and I saw trucks parked there during the afternoon hours. It's not on the Love's App, not on Truckers Path App and Google Maps says it's "temporarily closed" and on the satellite picture for Google Maps it's showing that it's still under construction. But as I said I did see trucks parked there when I passed by it.

So not sure if it's open yet or not but regardless, if it's not open yet it should be open real soon. Greenville and the surrounding area needs more parking bad, so this will be a welcomed addition, although I'm not sure how many parking spots they're going to have. That said, because that area needs parking so bad I bet that Love's will be full by 5:00pm everyday.

7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
  8. zodiacflyer

zodiacflyer Heavy Load Member

Aug 25, 2014
    That’s not even Loves fault. That is just ignorant ### truck drivers doing what they do.

9. BeHereNow97

BeHereNow97 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2020
    Love's also bought a truck stop in Commerce, Georgia a few years ago. It used to be something else, although I don't know what the name of the truck stop was before Love's took it over. When Love's first took it over it was nice, now it's kind of turned into a dump. But I blame that on its proximity to Atlanta, not on Love's itself. The bathrooms there could sure use a remodel though.

The Love's in Oklahoma are real nice. Oklahoma is probably the best state for Love's, they have really nice and really clean stores all throughout that state and once you get off the interstates a lot of those rural Love's never fill up. The whole state is filled with Love's off the beaten path. I realize that's probably because Love's is HQ in Oklahoma and started its initial expansion in Oklahoma, but I'm just saying.

Eventually, whenever Love's expansion slows down (even if it takes a decade or so), they need to do what PFJ are doing now and remodel some of their old Love's. Those new PFJ showers are sweet, Love's needs to do the same thing with their old stores eventually.

Savor the Flavor Thanks this.
  10. LOTSO

LOTSO Medium Load Member

Mar 28, 2023
    I think I saw something about Loves is going to start updating there stores. $200,000,000 worth.

11. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    No disagreement there. I only go near a Loves as a last resort. They are always packed ****-shows, everything is overpriced, and the fuel they sell is that bio-blend garbage that gives noticeably worse MPG.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.