Where's the *good* bits?

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by ExtremeUnction, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I also did a mail run and an internal fleet for a department store.

The mail run was so easy, unfortunately the owner was cutting corners on maintenance. I got pulled over for expired tags and that was probably only the surface of what he COULD have found, I quit as soon as the next job was lined up.

It sucks when people make an easy thing hard.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chasingthesky

Chasingthesky Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Denver, CO
    As others have said on here, there's enough variety in trucking that you should be able to find a segment that you like and pays decent. The majority of complaints are directed towards only a few companies so just by being here, you're already ahead of the curve. I landed a flatbed job fresh out of school paying a good ten cents more per mile than the companies who typically recruit schools and was home every weekend. It's more a matter of being informed and waiting for the right opportunity than trucking being a black hole of discontent. There's different motivation for taking this job too. For some, it runs in their blood and they love the lifestyle. For others, it's just a paycheck and doesn't define who they are as person. It takes all types. Decide what you want out of this industry first and work backwards to a job that fits those parameters instead of jumping on the first thing that comes along and you'll be fine

J/Cope79 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.