Which companies are the best

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Delx37, Apr 11, 2008.

1. cajun

cajun Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2007
    USSA
    with you being a student it's going to be next to impossible to start off pulling a tank. but hey, it's worth a try, call some of them. i started out hauling fuel around atlanta,ga. the good thing about that is you can be home every day, the bad thing is you got weekends and holidays involved. it's very important that if you don't have it, get your hazmat endorsement. a lot of guys didn't renew it when the new mandatory tsa background check came in. i wasn't going to, but i did, i decided to keep it and right now to this day. i can get a job anywhere, hauling just about any kind of tank freight there is and make pretty good money doing it. i've settled the last 4 or 5 years into dry bulk tank work, it's a little more work involved than with liquid. but, it pays a little better and the ride is much better.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mannmk7

mannmk7 Medium Load Member

May 1, 2008
    AZ
    I'm not even a student yet. I am doing the reaserch. I have been thinking Schneider cuz they seem to have a good rep, they train, and they have a tanker divison. My problem is I'm in AZ and they don't do much here so they don't hire from here. I'll have to move back to Riverside, CA. U got anything to say on this, is Schneider a good way to go? Is there another outfit that trains for tanker?

Tanks alot :biggrin_25514:

4. cajun

cajun Light Load Member

Dec 23, 2007
    USSA
    i don't know of any in your area, if you were in GA i might could help you. just keep doing your research and it'll all work out, good luck!

5. chargingbear

chargingbear Light Load Member

May 11, 2008
    murray , utah

lots medical and dental and you dont have too wait 3 or six months you get them right away..

6. Skilligan

Skilligan Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Bucyrus,Ohio
    Look for low training cost, and close to home. with terminal close to home too.

7. 6pak4-two

6pak4-two Medium Load Member

Apr 6, 2008
    No longer there
    I see you have been walk'n up and down almost every thread giv'n your 2 cents.

But by no means do you judge a good co by it's low cost training low cost says bad training you get what you pay for and yes there are some good co. to work for might even be a flatbed co.
    Some people like tarp'n it's all in what you like to do in the end truckns truckn:biggrin_255:

8. Skilligan

Sep 14, 2007
    Bucyrus,Ohio
    Yea, so what ? Im allowed to. I see you had no problem giving me your 2 cents worth.

oh ok, lets say company A trains for $2500.00 and company B trains for $65000.00 um ? Tough question.. Is there $4000.00 more knowledge coming from company B ??

9. 6pak4-two

Apr 6, 2008
    No longer there
    You could say that look at CRE $1400.00 and what do you get headachessssssss they don't want you as a driver your a dime a dozen
    but if you go to an outside school and pay $4000.00 guess what you can be a H**l of a lot PICKER this holds true for all company training your stuck if you quit you'll get stuck pay'n the big bucks any way.
    Desperation will be your down fall and the only one to point at will be yourself.
    CHEAP is for the I wonder if I'll like it :biggrin_2551:people

My 2 cent's is to help and not building up posts, people come here to get sound advice not a bunch of BS respect dose not come from how many post you have but from how good your advice is
    by the way the $4,000 is worth it it's your life ain't it and in order for cheap training to work you need to last long enough to pay what you owe.

Have a nice day.:biggrin_2555:

10. Skilligan

Sep 14, 2007
    Bucyrus,Ohio
    Ok were allowed to disaree: I see your point, but here is mine too:
    If company A will train me for $2400 but company B will train me for $6500. Now if it doesnt work out, which would I rather repay..? Which I think one has to be comfortble on how much they are willing to REPAY for there training.

So if I only pay $2400 and it doesnt work out, I am more comfortable in repaying that amount. Also if I do go to work for another company and they also want me to go to there training which will cost me an additional $2400 im still well under $6500. (I might add there is only one trucking company that I would even consider to do this for.)

But I might also stress before attending any training school. Make sure it a school that other trucking companys will reconize as a certified school. That could be more important then the cost.! But be comfortable in the amout you are willing to REPAY. Otherwise you might be stuck in a bad situation for a few years or so.
    :yes2557:

11. 6pak4-two

Apr 6, 2008
    No longer there
    Points well take'n So many new drivers JUMP into something that sounds
    to good to be true only to find out they made a mistake:biggrin_2551:
    The other problem is lack of cash. In some cases states provide grants and if you do pay out of pocket company's do provide some if not all tuition reimbursement again you need to do your time.
    There are a few company's that provide good schooling for a nice price and one might find it to good enough to stay for the year or two to cover the loan.

My point is if possible take the time to find a company that fits you or as close as possible the first year is the toughest after that life gets better and your choices get grater.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.