which company?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by wolf98, Aug 22, 2013.

1. wolf98

wolf98 Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2013
    bowling green, ky
    I cannot afford to attend a local trucking school. My local college does not offer it anymore. Since I already have my CDL but no verifiable experience I am being forced to complete the entire program all over again. I just don't have the credit or the funds to get it on my own again.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truckin2Eat

Truckin2Eat Medium Load Member

Jul 2, 2013
    GA
    From what I have found mostly all companies that have they're own training school. Hotel will be on the company you might have to pay for your license though. Like Jbs carrier's approve me and was gonna pay roadmasters to train me. But I would have to pay for hotel,feeding myself , licence fee, dot physical, drug screening , and mvr. Try to stay away from that kinda situation unless you have no other choice, or can afford all that and if getting your cdl's is worth paying a 5000 dollar loan back and paying almost another 1000 in fees. Before you do that go to a community college and pay out of pocket it will cheaper. When comes down to it if you don't have cash up front. Pick a company that has they own school.

4. wolf98

wolf98 Light Load Member

Aug 2, 2013
    bowling green, ky
    I am trying to pick a company with their own school because it is my last resort but I need to know who has the best school and info about the sign on or graduation pay and how it works.

5. Truckin2Eat

Jul 2, 2013
    GA
    A lot of companies also hire out of selected areas. Me personally I have call just about all companies that do company sponsored training. I chose Central out of all, look into things like how long is the training, equipment, hometime, fees to be paid, see what good things you hear about them and bad things things like that. See what fits you best Central fits me best while looking into things like I have mention. Company A might have something that company B does not but. But company B might fit better you gonna loose or win something but they all about the same . Check this website it has about every major company sponsored program and about everything about each program. But remember they do have hiring areas buddy. http://m.truckingtruth.com/free_truck_driving_schools/homepage2.html

6. Green Machine

Green Machine Medium Load Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Ohio
    If I had to choose a company out of your list I would probably choose Knight. I had a friend go through there and he seemed to enjoy it. Biggest thing is to keep your nose clean!

Sent from somewhere out on the road.

7. Truckin2Eat

Jul 2, 2013
    GA
    Knight only does company sponsored training to Arizona resident only right now. And he is from Kentucky

8. TrukTuff

TrukTuff Light Load Member

Aug 22, 2013
    Anaheim, CA.
    You can always try a local company, like Robertson's (the cement and gravel company). I heard they were training new drivers, but I don't know anything else about them.

9. ladr

ladr Road Train Member

Apr 14, 2013
    GA
    Check out Roehls school, the only one I have knowledge about. read the Roehl subforum and you can get answers.

Motel and foor provided and further training after the school

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.