Which ELD did you go with

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by mitmaks, Dec 9, 2017.

1. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    Intrastate rules, like 18 year olds driving cdl leads,many to conclude, incorrectly, that short haul and Intrastate are one and the same.

Where I live, I could run in 4 states short haul, but obviously only 1 intrastate.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    I've got AR, MO, IL, IN, KY, and TN all within reach using the short haul. If you lived in S.TX, you'd never even come close to leaving the state, so it wouldn't really matter one way or the other. However if you lived in RI, you'd be screwed if you were confined to within the state boundaries. The 100 air-mile radius evens things out for everyone by ignoring state lines. Well, even for anyone living at least 100 air-miles from a big lake or ocean. That could pretty much cut your available running area in half.

4. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Our company has gotten government clearance to test the next generation of ELD's which should make everyone happy. This is an unauthorized image release of the final prototype...

IMG_1068.JPG

5. marnav1

marnav1 Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2012
    We started with whatever Penske is using for rentals. It hasn't worked out too well at all, issues like miles driven zero everyday (the route is about 500 miles). Locations when duty status changes are often wrong. Last week we could not connect w bluetooth at all. When you share the logs the graph is 50% missing also. I reinstalled the Penske driver app on my phone and now all my logs since Dec 18 are gone. We gave it about 45 days, gonna switch to the ZED Eld and give that a try. DOT hasnt checked us yet, wasnt too worried until now since the logs are gone lol. Guess I can reconstruct last week with paper or say I was off duty, not sure anyone will notice. How does one explain this to DOT I dont know. Fun : (

6. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I got a word that Gorilla with the the latest update, enabled all Eld units to do changes as you please. Basically if right now you get Gorilla, you gonna be able to edit everything including drive time. Can anybody confirm?

7. marnav1

marnav1 Bobtail Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Far as I know most things can be edited except line 3. The ELD we were using you couldnt edit much as a driver, had to be done thru the portal (except drive time) which my boss was never able to get into successfully lol.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  8. CoyoteExpress

CoyoteExpress Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Carlingford NB Canada
    About Keeptrucking

There IFTA report is incorrect!!

Mass have NO IFTA on toll roads
    But KT shows in the ifta report only the all over miles

9. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    It's been over two months now and Keep Truckin have not enabled the 15 mph motion threshold yet. They must be impotent and inept. Next time I'll call them liars.

10. MYPY Transportation

MYPY Transportation Light Load Member

Mar 11, 2017
    48 states
    I go with Utechcorp the have super product which called ELD GPS TAB. 20$/mo, no lugs, IFTA, ...

11. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    They aren't going to, and neither will anyone else. 15 mph was an AOBRD thing, and after Dec 17 you cannot install a "new" AORBD. ELD's only now, and that is a federally required 5 mph trigger.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.