Which ELD did you go with

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by mitmaks, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Makeajump

Makeajump Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Texas
    Mine is not in compliance with that. I can commence to drivin' and go 2 miles gaining gears and speed until about 65 mph and it finally goes to the drive line....:) I put in a trouble ticket and cited the regulation to them, but no response. Guess I was out voted....:D

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I thought that I bought AOBRD from them prior to 12/18/17 not the ELD. In my Administrator panel it shows clearly that it is in AOBRD mode. They were saying that they would turn it on but they needed to work on it. If it is the case, what your are saying, that would mean that they were swindlers big time and I would have gone with Gorrilla, Big Road or whatever else.

4. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    The broken one. Is the only good one.

Timin770 Thanks this.
  5. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    The 5 mph does not bother me too much. But out of principle, they need to give me 15 mph.

6. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    More like 60 miles.

7. CoyoteExpress

CoyoteExpress Medium Load Member

Oct 29, 2014
    Carlingford NB Canada
    If itvwas install b4 the 18.dec you can change it to 15mph whennthe lias fron KT do there job

8. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    OK. Finally the Keep Truckin ELD (AOBRD) finalized the 15 mph motion detection threshold. Works good. It is now 7 months after the ELD mandate came into effect. Better late than never. It feels good to browse around a parking lot while being on the sleeper line. Ha Ha Ha! It feels like being a rebel. At least a little tiny bit.

9. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    I wish you all would creep around at 15 mph. Crawling off the freeway to the gas pump is ridiculous.

I don't know why the gooberment needs to be so strict to know every tire rotation the truck does.

10. TIMPTE 527

TIMPTE 527 Medium Load Member

May 28, 2018
    YAHOO!!! 15 mph now. Pulled into Jubitz Wed. 8 p.m. with 7 mins. left went off duty drove around (not creep) till I found a nice spot while my 10 hr. break was ticking away.

11. TallJoe

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I discovered that Keep Truckin in its Administrative Panel has a very detailed log of truck location coordinates. That means that when you move the truck by even 15 - 20 yards it will be shown, regardless of the motion detection threshold. For instance, the other day I moved the truck from one spot at a Petro to another because of a noisy idling truck that parked next to me when I was on line 2 for over 4 hours. I did it below 15 mph so that the sleeper berth line remained uninterrupted, however the location history showed the change of position. What do HOS say about it? Should I have used PC or perhaps gone to line 4 and made it a yard move...interrupting the rest break and starting it all over? LOL This needs to be taken into account when you are at a customer and try to gain uninterrupted 2 or even 8 hours in the sleeper, while you still have to move the truck "undetected" - pulling into a dock or out.
    This info is not available in a regular DOT inspection mode, but it is there on KT server and I am sure that there are DOT zealots who would not have problems to use it against a driver, if it was made available to them.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2018
    Reason for edit: I said I was on line "3" - corrected to line "2" LOL
    gokiddogo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.