Which ELD did you go with

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by mitmaks, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Go to the truck stop and buy whatever they have. RM and Garmin should work with their respective GPS devices with no monthly fees. Then, you've got it in your hand whenever you're needing to plug it in.

LST SaddleTramp Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Great link. Too bad your question was not about Oregon. It was about Arizona. And you can't claim you are intrastate in both states. By definition you are then interstate and must follow federal rules.

Keep trying.
    I have a rand McNally eld50 for sale and I'll be going along 84 to 80 to 94. Beginning tomorrow from the vicinity of Pasco wa. If you have cash and wants to buy it you will just have to catch me!
    For real it's for sale though.

4. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I think the truck stops should do what they do best and increase the price significantly in the week leading up to the mandate.

spyder7723 Thanks this.
  5. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    I have Keep truckin in my Columbia. Its been a PITA when ever the blutooth keeps disconnecting and then I have to go in and edit the missing driving points and 'claim' them in the admin panel.

Did some research and came across TM-ELD. Much easier than Keep Truckin and the admin panel allows 100% editing,.. including drive time,.. unlike Keep Trucking which does not. Onces that 14hr window starts,.. thats it. TM-ELD is like an electronic paper log when logged into the admin panel. The inspection mode does not show editing remarks or trails. You can lock it so the inspector can not see anything except your last 7 days of elogs.

I'm more than likely going to ditch Keep truckin and put this in my Columbia for my driver.

I paid my carrier $250 for it. And I am not paying the $17 or $30 month service fee like the website shows. I will have to find out where my carrier bought it from. But this is exactly what I have been looking for.

Hurst

TallJoe, mitmaks and DUNE-T Thank this.
  6. Frontman

Frontman Light Load Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Zed ELD - $245 total. No monthly fee.

HopeOverMope Thanks this.
  7. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    @Hurst
    How will that be legal? It sounds like it will get booted off the approved list if it is editable without record of editing.

TallJoe and Hurst Thank this.
  8. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl

I'm not sure.

This is the website.
    ELD

I have that exact ELD. That said,.. the admin site that I log into is in europe. My carrier set it up. So what I think he did was took a legal device and is administering it through a 3rd party site or another entity all together. He set up my admin account.

This is the same ELD here,..
    C4 Max the ultimate tracking smartbox for CANbus and J1708 - Mobile Devices

I am not paying a monthly fee. I own it outright. I have not been inspected with either ELD yet.

Hate me if you want,.. but as long as I can continue to operate as I have been with paper logs and this loop hole or what ever it is works,.. I'm going to continue using this.

If anything funky happens or any issues during inspections I will be sure to let you guys know.

Hurst

Oxbow, TallJoe and gokiddogo Thank this.
  9. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I don't hate you for that. I just feel like the music is winding down, party is over, time to comply or die. And if it is discovered the device is doing what it's doing in the event of an accident.... will mean the deception is of a higher level = even higher penalty. I am just going to do it the way they want me to do it. I am changing my operation and pretty well have it dialed in come D-day.

I am planning to plug in this Saturday.

Hurst Thanks this.
  10. USA Trucker

USA Trucker Light Load Member

Oct 2, 2017
    Ordered the One20 ELD this morning and got a confirmation that it has been shipped this afternoon.

135 bucks no monthly fee.

Going to use my old smartphone as a dedicated logging device if I even need to use the thing.

The 8/30 rule is simple.

If you run within 115 air mile radius of your terminal then you don't need ELD. If I go outside of that radius for more than 8 days then I need and ELD or if I go outside that radius for 8 or less days then I don't need an ELD.

At least that is the way I understand it. LOL

Has nothing to do with state lines actually. But if I go outside that radius then I will be going to other states. Just run out and back. You pretty much have to run into other states if you want to keep your authority/MC number. If you stay in one state all the time then your MC number will be revoked......I think.....correct me if I'm wrong somebody.

11. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    No your MC number wont be revoked- You can park your truck all year long and drive 1 mile per day down the street. As long as you keep your insurance current without any lapses

Oxbow Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.