Which headquarters? KLLM

Discussion in 'KLLM' started by Twisted turtle, Feb 11, 2009.

1. gregb

gregb Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Hickory, NC
    trucking?
    If you can have a way to leave the car there will out and the road it would be something to look into. I live in hickory and if i had an extra car i think i would just drive back and forth for my home time. Reson being will they always seam to get me home on the day that i want the miles that i get the week i go home are always down. And having the trk at the shop to sit can get need mantince done. Just something to think about.

Twisted turtle
    If a trainer is not avalible they pay for the hotel. For me i went out with a trainer right away.

greg

trucking? Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Twisted turtle

Twisted turtle Bobtail Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Norwood, NC
    gregb, Your info on the hotel room was very relieving and your info to trucking? was also appreciated by myself. Definately something to think about for when I get my own truck. Thanks, Twisted turtle.

4. gregb

gregb Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Hickory, NC
    Twisted turtle

No Problem any more ? that you think of you can just ask. As a side note I also went to the Atlanta term for orintation. No complaints, only thing is the hotel is not around much of anything. Dennys, Waffle House and i think a Subway at one of the gas stations. I do not know if this has been said or if they still do it but they made everone in our orintation take a quick road test, real easy and short 2 to 3 miles. The guy that use to do them just retired, so not sure what happens now. Like i said nothing to be concened about one hint, go first. Easy rt turn out of yard then left onto main road then get on freeway then driver switch.

greg

Twisted turtle Thanks this.
  5. Twisted turtle

Feb 11, 2009
    Norwood, NC
    gregb, thanks again for the above help. I was hoping there wouldn't be any road test during orientation but I feel a little easier about doing it after hearing from you. Do you know anything about how difficult the math test might be and what's included on it? Not one of my strong points.:biggrin_2551: But I know how to use a calculator!!!:biggrin_2552: I'm trying to just bring the minimum basics with me for driver training like a duffle bag with clothes for 7 to 10 days, a laundry bag for my sheets, blanket, and pillow, and a briefcase for all my paperwork and orientation school stuff. No gadgets since I want to gain as much knowledge as I can from the training and will be concentrating on that. I want to know logs inside out before I get through it all. How to be sure I'm being honest on them. I don't like the idea of heavy fines and since, at my age,(59), I've never been in prison, I don't intend to start now. If I can think of anything else to ask you and everybody by tomorrow night I surely will ask. I'll be checking my mail before I leave Monday morning to catch the bus in Charlotte. Thanks again. Twisted turtle.

6. DlrDice45

DlrDice45 Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Mississippi
    Well Thanks everyone for all the info I'm leaving in the morning. Hope everything goes well, will post when training is done. Not taking laptop with me I want to be free to pick my trainers brain, and learn everything I can. Again thanks will let ya'll know how it went. Hoping that will be in about 7 weeks.

DlrDice45

7. Twisted turtle

Feb 11, 2009
    Norwood, NC
    DirDice45, Good luck to you in Jackson. Let us know how it goes there when you can. I'm leaving for Atlanta in the morning. Will get back in touch on this thread when I can. So long. Twisted.

8. gregb

gregb Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Hickory, NC
    Twisted turtle

Sounds like you are bring the right stuff. Depends on how your trainer does it but a sleeping bag might be easyer than sheets. Because you can only use the buttom bunk when someone else drives, so you switch sleeping spots some times. I think the hotel has a washer and dryer so you could wash some clothes right before you leave out.

the math test is if one truck leaves phx at 8 am and the other truck leaves Dallas at 10 am central time both going a constant 55 mph were and when will they meet.

JUST KIDDING

In orantation do not remember a math test. On the upgrade test there is some but just some adding, subtracting, mutiply and divide. In your training material you got some sample questions to go over. You trainer should help you. And the test is a open notes test, nothing to be concered about.

I am glade there was not a spelling test that would have done me in.

Greg

Twisted turtle Thanks this.
  9. trucking?

trucking? Light Load Member

Oct 3, 2008
    charlotte,nc

I guess that could be a possibility. My car is a manual so my wife can't drive it, she has her own car anyway. I would be worried about how secure it would be of course. I just have no desire to ride the bus so if I'm going straight out with a trainer I might just have my wife take me down. Anybody have any info about the wait time on a truck after training?

10. gregb

gregb Bobtail Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Hickory, NC
    trucking?

The lot is right next to the terminal. KLLM is at the end of a dead end street only one other company at the very end. All the machnics and the other drivers that live to close to terminal park there. Would more or less depend on how often you are looking to go home. Getting a truck after training from what i understand is all timing, being right place at the right time and the number of people waiting already.

Greg

trucking? Thanks this.
  11. Twisted turtle

Feb 11, 2009
    Norwood, NC
    gregb, Being twisted, myself, I can appreciate your sense of humor even when the joke's on me. Sounds like I shouldn't have too tough a time with the math test. At my age I'm just rusty on the division of decimals especially. Thanks for the info. Twisted turtle (or I guess that would be Twisted toitle if you were from NYC, which I'm not). I'll take NC anyday.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.