Which is better, KLLM or Riverside Transport

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by smokey12, Apr 10, 2017.

1. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    If I go the lease route which is better? Anyone with experience with the two companies?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Highway_Executive

Highway_Executive Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2016
    Chicago
    Personally, I would say neither.
    Here's why....

Those rates are really low.
    Your supposed to be a "owner" but your basically chasing miles like a company driver. Look at how many miles you would have to run to bring home a decent check. Refuse a load and your probably going to owe the Company money.

I would look for a company that pays percentage and has a load board. There are a few out there. This gives YOU the l/p more control over YOUR BUSINESS. Some driver manger who assigns you loads does not care about your business or if your in the hole. Their job to me is to basically get the loads covered and freight moved. Being on percentage you'll see more money Depending on the carrier you choose plus you pick where you want to go not where they need you to go.

Just saying....

4. smokey12

May 30, 2012
    Thanks for this highway. Not sure which lease companies offer percentage. Part of my problem is I don't have the money for a down payment and was looking for a walk away lease which I know both of these have..I have talked with a couple of drivers at both companies and they seemed pleased. I know KLLM offers their drivers a rather large referral bonus which makes me me a bit wary of that...

5. Highway_Executive

Highway_Executive Light Load Member

Nov 4, 2016
    Chicago
    I know interstate and celadon are walk away no money down. Not sure how it works at Schneider but they also have a load board.

Where are you located and how much experience do you have?

@Chinatown
    Can better help you.

smokey12 Thanks this.
  6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I'd go for a fancy truck such as Jim Palmer Trucking or Freymiller. They're set up with Tripac APU and other driver comfort amenities.
    Cardinal/Greatwide is another to look at. I know some drivers that do ok there.
    @smokey12 - Dartco Inc. has lease/purchase.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    x1Heavy and smokey12 Thank this.
  7. smokey12

May 30, 2012
    I have a little over a year experience and live in Alabama

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Check Cardinal/Greatwide website and see if they have anything you like. They have many types of accounts. I know some guys on the grocery store accounts that don't do anything but drive, they just count the pallets the store employees pull off. The drivers don't touch anything.

Highway_Executive and smokey12 Thank this.
  9. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Doesn't matter. If you don't have the business skills to do the due diligence, your probability of failure is almost gurannteed.

So just pick a company and go for it. Maybe you can learn from failure. Then reload and make another run at it. Or, just join the chorus crying that leasing is a rip off

Highway_Executive and smokey12 Thank this.
  10. tlandrytml

tlandrytml Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2011
    I think riverside has a variable lease, like JCT.

smokey12 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.