Which Millis school is better?

Discussion in 'Millis' started by twistedsmoke, Nov 30, 2013.

1. twistedsmoke

twistedsmoke Light Load Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Clarksville, Tn
    I know this is just a matter of opinion, but which training school for Millis is better...Georgia or Ohio? I live roughly in the middle of both. Anyone of them close to a Wal-Mart or anything of that sort in case I forget to pack something? Also, if any of the company driver's have time, would you mind posting a pic of the inside of your truck? I'm really curious how it looks and how much storage it has inside. It would help me narrow my list of stuff to pack. Thanks everyone in advance!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    What if they send you to Burleson TX school??

Chinatown Thanks this.
  4. stevenneill

stevenneill Medium Load Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Weatherford, Texas 76086
    I believe it would be impossible for someone to state which of those 2 are better unless they have been to both...which also is impossible. As I understand it you dont get a choice anyway. If accepted to thier school they will tell you where yo go depending on which of thier 4 schools had a clasd opening next. Typically I would say that they all will have about the same degree of skill for instructors. As for what to take on the truck...only take what you are required to take. Its not your truck. Its your trainers. Once you are on it he will let you know what else you need.

twistedsmoke and Big Duker Thank this.
  5. db2681

db2681 Medium Load Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Dayton,OH
    Can't be sent to the TX school unless you live in TX so that one is out. Between GA and OH I am biased but I would say OH, just because I hate the weather in GA. Truthfully you can't go wrong with either school, both have walmarts in the area so no worries there.

twistedsmoke Thanks this.
  6. stevenneill

Nov 11, 2013
    Weatherford, Texas 76086
    Why can't you go to the Texas school ig you live outside of Texas? Really curious on this one. I start school there Monday. I live about an hour from it but I'm the only student.

7. twistedsmoke

Nov 23, 2013
    Clarksville, Tn
    Guess I will be going to TX then! Lol. I thought you got to pick which school to attend, depending on which ones needed more students.

8. twistedsmoke

Nov 23, 2013
    Clarksville, Tn
    I only ask because ive read a lot of people going to ohio and not a lot going to Georgia. Thought ohio might have better training maybe.

9. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    I think its Texas law. Something to do with residency.

10. Big Duker

Big Duker "Don Cheto"

Sep 18, 2007
    Weatherford, TX
    The training will be good as what you put into it. Good company. Never heard anyone one here in yrs tell tales like Stevens, Schneider, England FFE or other rat outfits. Just go where they send you and have a good time. It's just driving. Everything you know how to do you learned at some point in life. Listen. Be polite. Ask questions if you don't understand or want additional work on backing or logs etc. You'll do great.

11. stevenneill

Nov 11, 2013
    Weatherford, Texas 76086
    You may be correct concerning whether or not you have to be in texas to attend the Burleson training, I can't speak on that, however Monday I will try to find out, however, residency only has to do with you recieving a Texas license. You have to live here for 6 months to claim residency in Texas. That has little to do with you recieving your CDL however, the paperwork I recieved from Millis specifically stated that the driver you were assigned to for your 15,000 miles would return you to your home state for your driving test. You are required to have your CDL permit from your home state before attending the school, so Texas residency is a non issue. You can remain in Texas on another state license for 90 days before having to change it. Since your class room time is only 3 weeks and your OTR time most likely won't all be in Texas any way, I don't see how that applies.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.