Which Millis school is better?

Discussion in 'Millis' started by twistedsmoke, Nov 30, 2013.

1. twistedsmoke

twistedsmoke Light Load Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Clarksville, Tn
    I have been reading on here for a while and never heard anything bad about them either. I think they are a good choice. I already have my class A, but have never driven otr. Just local. I need to learn all the stuff that goes with it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. db2681

db2681 Medium Load Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Dayton,OH
    The Texas school is a licensed testing site, so you will be licensed when you leave school and still do your 15k miles. If i remember right texas changed a law regarding out of state students transferring the license to texas and back to the home state after school.

4. stevenneill

stevenneill Medium Load Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Weatherford, Texas 76086
    I didn't know you got your license before going on your 15k. In that case I believe you are correct. Texas did change laws in that regard.

5. db2681

db2681 Medium Load Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Dayton,OH
    Its something goofy with texas I remember that much its either because the temp. cdl is only good for a short time, or has to do with out of state students. But you will test for your cdl before you leave school, and still do your 15k miles. Harold is still the instructor down there as far as I know and he will get you ready. Your trainer will still be in the passenger seat or is suppose to be until you both are comfortable in operating it like a solo truck.

6. stevenneill

Nov 11, 2013
    Weatherford, Texas 76086
    Yes Harold is still the instructor. Talked to him last week while on my way to Buffalo yo see family. Looking forward to tomorrow.

7. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio

8. PowderBlue

PowderBlue Light Load Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Clarksville TN
    I live in Clarksville as well... went to cartersville. Ill be he again the week of xmas if u wanna come look at a truck in person your more then welcome

twistedsmoke Thanks this.
  9. Baritone

Baritone Road Train Member

Aug 9, 2008
    Lexington, Ky
    I went through the GA school and I will say this, the instructors in GA, OH and TX are some of the best I have ever seen. I can't speak for Wi as I don't know him like I do the others. No matter where you go, you'll be just fine!

twistedsmoke Thanks this.
  10. stevenneill

Nov 11, 2013
    Weatherford, Texas 76086
    I can ssy I'm really enjoying my class with Harold as an instructor

11. twistedsmoke

twistedsmoke Light Load Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Clarksville, Tn
    Thank you for the offer Powder. I might just have to take you up on that, if time allows. What part of C-ville you stay around? I'm closer to Sango out towards Ashland City.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.