White Out - Log Book

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by schristopher69, Jan 19, 2009.

1. 1pissedoffdriver

1pissedoffdriver Account Retired at members request

Oct 3, 2008
    KC/NY
    Loose leaf,tear em out, toss em out the window and start over.lol,lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    I carry a spare logbook , make corrections on a new page taken out of the spare book and attach it to the other . Correcting a page causes problems with company auditing software .

4. Thumper

Thumper Medium Load Member

Aug 22, 2008
    i dont know how true it is but i told it was wrong todo that.
    was told to scratch out the mistake put your initials by it and the corrected thing.
    personally id tear out the page and redo it with dot you do not want to give them anyreason to question you log.
    logs are BIG tickets. I use looseleaf now and when i had the logs that are stapled id pull the staples and put them in a loof leaf much easier that way.

All it takes is one ####### dot cop thats had a bad day and you will have a bad day.

5. schristopher69

schristopher69 Bobtail Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Thanks, I know people have and do use white out, I was trained not to. But, I did check with the Safety/log department, and they allow it to be used on anything but the grid for hours. Thanks! Oh, by the way, how did the rectal exam feel. LOL

6. rollondad

rollondad Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2009
    MO
    According to the FMCSA website, it the guidance section, it says you can use white-out. Here's the quote from them:

Question 12: May a driver use “white-out” liquid paper to correct a record of duty status entry?
    Guidance: Any method of correction would be acceptable so long as it does not negate the obligation of the driver to certify by his or her signature that all entries were made by the driver and are true and correct.

So long as you sign the log to certify, you're good to go.

prisonerofthehwy and Baack Thank this.
  7. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Here is the same question in the federal dot book/website.

Question 12: May a driver use "white-out" liquid paper to correct a record of duty status entry?

Guidance: Any method of correction would be acceptable so long as it does not negate the obligation of the driver to certify by his or her signature that all entries were made by the driver and are true and correct.

So the answer is yes you can use white out. Some companys say you can not thinking it's against DOT regulations when it really is not.

The link to the question incase anyone doubts where I got the information.
    :).

I miss you all (the link looks a little weird to me so don't save it)
    http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/rules-regu...r/fmcsrruletext.asp?chunkkey=09016334800232af

prisonerofthehwy Thanks this.
  8. moodyblues_59

moodyblues_59 Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Fostoria, Mi.
    White out, shmite out. Thats why the loose leaf was invented.:biggrin_25525: Load 'em up with 90-100 pages, and you're good to go. Make a mistake....no problem, just start a new sheet. Don't get me wrong, i don't advocate "making mistakes" on my log book, but let's face it and be honest. We've all been in the position of having to correct these little "mistakes". I, for one, prefer the loose leaf beause a neat log book equals less hassle from the DOT.:biggrin_255:

9. LogsRus

LogsRus Log it Legal

Nov 23, 2006
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Yeah but if you make a little mistake why fill out another log sheet. Why not just use white out "neatly" and put your initial :). Saves you time and hassle and DOT won't care either.

I do respect that attitude when it comes to a bad mistake day though :). I like to read your corrections thats all:yes2557:

10. driver4015

driver4015 Medium Load Member

Jan 28, 2008
    Bend ,Oregon
    log it the way you drive it(no mistakes). If you can't spell,get a dictonary. But whatever you do, DO NOT FORGET TO INITIAL YOU CORRECTION!!!!!!

11. lostNfound

lostNfound Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Home of the Stampede
    Strong in this one, the irony is. Yeesssssss.

droy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.