Who caused this collision? With Poll

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by tucker, May 29, 2017.

Who caused the collision?

Poll closed Feb 23, 2018.
  1. The merging truck

84 vote(s)
    55.3%
  2. The camera truck

5 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. Both of them

49 vote(s)
    32.2%
  4. Swift

29 vote(s)
    19.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Oh yeah, that guy also went on to say, "you'll upset someone, for sure, but they have brakes, and they'll get over it". Well, that was in a day and age, when "distracted driving" was when your coffee cup fell over on you lap, :eek: and I'm not sure that philosophy flies today. I still think the merging truck became the aggressive one ( he WAS running out of "real estate"), figuring the camera truck would surely give. I don't understand the mindset of the camera truck's driver. Where did he think the merging truck was going to go?

Lepton1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    IMHO, one of two things was going on with him. Either he had his head up his butt, or he just didn't give a sh er right rip.
    However, I do think the merging truck was the one that should have backed off. Both drivers were acting like butt heads here.

201, G13Tomcat and noluck Thank this.
  4. Damaged_Goods

Damaged_Goods Light Load Member

Apr 9, 2016
    Upon further review....it might have been Swifts Fault.....
    That merging driver was acting too suicidal and just didn't care about the other truck....or anyone else for that matter....

....I've only seen this kind of maniac behavior after a driver has just experienced some kind of incident with a Swift driver and now just doesn't really care anymore........

Lepton1, buddyd157 and Big Don Thank this.
  5. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
  6. RedForeman

RedForeman Momentum Conservationist

Jan 30, 2011
    I think even in Texas the yield sign is posted on the ramp, not the freeway. The end.

right-of-way.jpg

Big Don, Lepton1, austinmike and 2 others Thank this.
  7. fargonaz

fargonaz Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Mesa, AZ
    The a-hole forcing his way on to the freeway wins every time if I've let it get that far. My bad for not paying attention. Happens all the time to me in Houston(610/10 interchanges) and LA(710/91 and again at the 60/57), I just don't have the time to be the biggest a-hole.

noluck, tinytim and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  8. Eowyn

Eowyn Medium Load Member

Jul 5, 2016
    TN
    Who CAUSED the accident? I think they both did.
    The merger is more at fault, but Prime could have avoided the situation. I think that is called a preventable accident.

I don't know how strict Prime is, but with my company you have to lock up the brakes for them to notice a "braking incident." I also think my company would prefer an incident than an accident. Slowing takes a lot less time then filing reports and getting repairs.

9. Friday

Friday Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Charlottesville, Va
    And that right there is why I never (except in very few extraordinary situations) slow down for anyone merging. It's on them to figure it out. I'll move over into the left lane if I can, usually way before they even realize I'm there, but I'm not slowing down.

Either way. Prime is idiot for slowing down but he's not at fault here. No matter what the traffic on the interstate is doing, the guy merging should have the brains to get on there without hitting them.

10. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I hate to even call this an accident. I'm more for calling it a double case of stupidity.

fargonaz Thanks this.
  11. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I'm sure the folks at Prime are real impressed. Putting it out on social media is a double face palm. :biggrin_25513:

Ryan423 and Lepton1 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.