Who do I talk to about changing fleets?

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by buck bundy, Nov 1, 2009.

1. GypsyWillowDusk72

GypsyWillowDusk72 Medium Load Member

Jul 14, 2009
    everywhere
    Has flatbed freight picked up at all? As of when I left freight was pretty slim and most of the flatbedders were pulling van and refeer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jumbo

Jumbo Road Train Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    It seems that most still are. I have seen lots of trucks with side boxes and headache racks pulling vans. Even the Kaukauna and Iron Mountain terminals look slow whenever I drive by them. Have not been past Prentice to see about there.

4. Dr. Venture

Dr. Venture Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Ithaca, NY
    Flat is moving alright. The problem is Roehl has a lot more reefer freight than they do drivers to pull and they are utilizing the flatbedders to do their dirty work. In fact they were brokering out our flat freight to other companies because they didn't have enough drivers available to pull it... they were all under iceboxes.

5. jons1powerwagon

jons1powerwagon Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2009
    DuQuion Illinois
    If refrigerated has so much freight why dont they let dry van or any fleet with in the companey pull the loads.
    That rubs me the wrong way to hear that when I know drivers are not getting the miles they need to make a decent pay check!:biggrin_25516:

6. Dr. Venture

Dr. Venture Medium Load Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Ithaca, NY
    Anybody can pull them, it helps to let your FM know you are interested if they need an extra person. I pulled my fair share of reefers as a company driver. For some reason Roehl like to use flatbedders before anybody else to pull out of division. They'll let a van guy sit before a flatbed driver... no idea why.

7. Preacher Man

Preacher Man Road Train Member

May 31, 2008
    Mason City, IL
    Drivers just got a voice mail from Rick Roehl about the reorganization of Roehl Transport. Flat & Curtainside are going to be together and Van & Reefer are going to be together. Ray Gabriel will handle van and reefer. It makes sense since there isn't that much cross training between the two and many of the customers are the same for either type. Personally I would rather pull a reefer for a couple of days than sit waiting for a load.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.