Who is going to MATS

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Siinman, Mar 24, 2023.

1. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    I’ve never went. Always wanted to. I’m told the vendors make some good deals on the last day, to avoid taking it home. Good time to compare seats, if in the market. I remember when Waylon would always be the music act. That would have been a good memory. Maybe this year I’ll finally make it. At least once only seems right. Definitely have to wash the Truck before showing up, All those show Trucks will make mine look bad. The Truck Show would be my priority. They have a bunch of different seminars too. Safety, Maintenance, Compliance , profitability, all the boring stuff. Free admission tickets are usually pretty easy to find. Truckstop magazines, probably available online these days. Probably get one at the door, I don’t know. But it’s basically free. You get to take pictures with all your Trucking Hero’s. Looks like a good down to earth experience. Everyone having a good time. ####, now I really want to go!!

D.Tibbitt, ducnut and Siinman Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dngrous_dime

dngrous_dime Road Train Member

Jan 28, 2014
    Lansing area, MI
    It's super easy to register online for free.

Rideandrepair, ducnut and Siinman Thank this.
  4. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    my dropyard is right by there. Here is good Gyros and Baklava Screenshot_20230324-234657.png
    Sams $9 to 12 bucks

Rideandrepair, ducnut and Siinman Thank this.
  5. fragicide

fragicide Bobtail Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Midwest
    I was there last year for the 50th anniversary and entered into the PKY show. It was a blast and I recommend everyone go at least once. There’s plenty to do and see, and networking to be done.

54488218-B870-43CE-9B0E-6DF0CEE51892.jpeg

6. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    They not only have plenty of vendors with many different products, they also have seminars you can attend to learn different things in this industry…it’s definitely worth going…ive been there once before..

Vampire, Rideandrepair and Siinman Thank this.
  7. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH
    Yes they do.

I've been going since I was a kid. But haven't went since 2015. I'm planing on going, but not in semi.

D.Tibbitt, Rideandrepair and Siinman Thank this.
  8. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    I have not made up my mind yet but really thinking about going. Could drive in truck or my SUV since it is not to far from MO.

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  9. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    You should go. I’ve never been, either, because I’ve always been worried about finances and chasing money. But, our lives can change and you may not ever get another opportunity. Just go.

Saved it. My buddy and I aren’t strangers to food. Haha.

My buddy is coming from up by the quad cities, swinging through Land of Lincoln’s capital to pick me up, and a further 5hrs to Louisville. Hopefully, with a combined ~60yrs of trucking, we can find the place. :rolleyes:

Siinman and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  10. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Right off 65 cant miss it

drvrtech77, Rideandrepair and ducnut Thank this.
  11. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    That was sarcasm. Haha. We’ve both been to the Expo Center and I used to deliver to chain restaurants all over Louisville.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.