Who is Hiring right now?

Discussion in 'Trucking Jobs' started by bigpapa7272, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigarmin88

Bigarmin88 Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Tampa Bay Fl
    Yeah why is that.I and buddy of my apply too and was turn down.My buddy has 5 years exp too.:biggrin_25512:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. latanea

latanea Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2007
    cincinnati (sharonville)
    a lot of times it has to do with where you live...

too hard to get you to the house for time off etc etc

or no freight in the area - so the deadheads would kill them.

I know most OTR companies want you within 50 miles of larger accounts.

4. bigpapa7272

bigpapa7272 Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2007
    Baltimore

funyn thing is last year when i was lookign around for school they approved me.

Just got off the phone with FFE LML &AMEL very nice recruiter. Not pushy. Upfront, honest. I like what i heard. everything i was told matched up with whats on the site. I am seriously considering them. They also told me you can be out of driving school for 6 months before you need a refresher. I also liek the fact that since christmas home isnt guaranteed im not pushed into going to an orientation right away. I seriously think i should have caleld them a while ago.

5. mule

mule Light Load Member

Apr 30, 2008
    falkville alabama
    i heard that werner just layed off a lot of drivers. check the thread on werner on here. Western express used to take students and let you go with a trainer for awhile. they have great equipment and what i have been told still get lots of miles. i used to work for them they are good for someone starting out. but not for someone with exp. due to them not paying good per mile

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
    bigpapa7272 Thanks this.
  6. bigpapa7272

Sep 9, 2007
    Baltimore
    mule thanks for the heads up but their site says they want 6 months otr. experience.

Any FFE drivers out there that can give me any more info about FFE? What kind of transmissions do you they use? What happens at the recent cdl graduate orientation??

7. bigpapa7272

Sep 9, 2007
    Baltimore
    Schneider is a ####### joke too. I called and they told me they arent hiring otr grads from where i am but they are hiring in elkton, which is further away from harrisburg than i am. what a ###### up company. This #### is really starting to piss me off.
    Funny how your closer to the terminal than someone else but they want to talk to the person who is futher away.
    Why say your hiring when your not????????

8. MGASSEL

MGASSEL Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2007
    Co
    I belive the ffe uses 10 speeds I would suggest starting there and then down the road jumping to a better carrier. Otherwise you will need a refresher for any job.

9. mule

mule Light Load Member

Apr 30, 2008
    falkville alabama
    ok i didnt know they had changed it. 4 years ago when i worked for them they had students coming in straight out of school going out with trainers. that is in the van division dont know anything about there flatbed division

10. bigpapa7272

Sep 9, 2007
    Baltimore
    anyone have any thoughts on central refrigerated?

Swifty is giving me a run around.

ffe just waiting on my call

11. Eskimo6804

Eskimo6804 Heavy Load Member

Jun 13, 2007
    Northeast Alabama
    Midwest Coast Transport, Sioux Falls,SD.

They are a 100% owner operator company, but the majority of the trucks leased to them are small fleet owners who hire drivers.

They have a school onsite at the terminal and a training program for grads.

Most of the fleet owners allow you to run the truck as if it were yours(non-forced dispatch).

The pay isn't great for experienced drivers but can be decent depending on which fleet owner you work for. The pay for trainees is on par with what most of the training companies pay(again depending on which fleet owner.).

Training period is minimum of 25,000 miles. May be more if the trainer feels the trainee isn't ready.

If interested, PM me and I can hook you up with a friend of mine who is a fleet owner there and may be able to help you. And yes, I have trucks leased there as well, but I have none empty and, I personally choose to not hire trainees.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.