Who is training the trainers?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by trucknguy, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    What is this compressor that you speak of?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    It probably feels like rocket science to them. Remember the old adage: "If you can't do, teach!"

4. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    All of the megas have classes and a training book. Apparently it doesn't do a lot of good. The majority of trainers are lease ops and need the extra coin. They are usually the last people that should train new drivers. People most qualified to teach want no part of it. It is, unfortunately the nature of this business. 90% of these trainees are going to wash out real quick anyways. The trainees that are serious about this career power through and most will become competent productive drivers. Just my $.02

5. trucknguy

trucknguy Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2015
    West coast
    It’s a quaint little machine that keeps these new rigs afloat. In the olden days we didn’t have air dryers, we bled our tanks and used alcohol...

6. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    Nowadays it can be dangerous to be a trainer. If the person is of a different race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political view they can ruin your career with one lie. If the person is a mirror image of yourself they can do it as well.
    "My trainer is failing me because *blank* not because I refuse to learn the job." And poof your carrier is gone.
    The "I know what I'm doing" attitude is rampant nowadays and heaven forbid you try to explain something to someone.
    I loved training people who wanted to learn. It can be rewarding. But why would anyone risk it. And that's one of the reasons you get nonqualified people as trainers.

7. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    going on what you said, at the shooting range, one of the RSO's (range safety officer) said to me that he has all sorts of people from the careful, safe people like me (and i only been going there since February). to the rambunctious ones that don't seem to understand the rules of

1) NO GUNS at any time, on the back bench, just your range bags.

2) always point the weapon DOWN RANGE

3) NEVER walk away from the line, with a gun in your hand, leave it at the firing line, go to the back bench, and take your bag to the line, and place the weapon IN THE BAG, before leaving the line.

and a few other safety RULES

i am lucky, i suppose, when i am there in the early morning hours weekdays, i am far, far away from those morons.....

goes along with your statements of...

1) "i know what i am doing"

to

2) "god forbid you correct them"....

this BS attitude is everywhere.

and whether it be trucking or at the shooting range, sudden deaths can be imminent

8. Final Drive

Final Drive Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2015
    20201127_113049.jpg

Wh 20201127_113049.jpg
    Why did you bring up the range thats family time for me...
    Now I'm home sick...

9. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    Same as who's watching the watchers

10. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    franky, i cannot see why they are still closed in some areas. my state local chapter of the NRA spoke up to the governor here that gun stores and ranges are essential businesses. when someone buys a gun, they NEED to practice with it.

doesn't your state have a local NRA chapter?

currently, i belong as a member to a public range, indoors.

i have already filled out an application and got my BCI check for a private indoor range club.

i ain't too keen on a real club, but then again.........at least it keeps out the morons i mentioned earlier.

or at least, it should

Final Drive Thanks this.
  11. Final Drive

Final Drive Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2015
    Yes Sir!
    I live in Texas
    As far as I know all ranges are open in my are..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.