Who is training the trainers?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by trucknguy, Dec 13, 2020.

1. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Some people are too stupid to realize that you are actually trying to help them.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Old Man

Old Man Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Oklahoma City, OK
    From the book of Matthew FB9578B3-E3E4-4E43-9D46-1A7884081FF9.jpeg

4. shatteredsquare

shatteredsquare Road Train Member

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    the criteria for being a trainer is mostly like 6 months employed and accident free

1. having a pulse
    2. having not screwed up anything...major...yet...

the lower the common denominator gets in entrance astuteness the more technological safety measures are implemented, which lowers the astuteness requirement for new entrants as well as begins to tie the hands of the experienced, which further lowers the common denominator for entrance astuteness, which requires further technological safety measures to be implemented...:confused:

couple more decades and it will be the 'driver' wheels it from truck stop to freeway entrance ramp, in a bubble cab with a touch screen button that says "begin transit solution"...'driver' sits there and monitors youtube until it's time to exit and put more diesel in it.

TripleSix and tscottme Thank this.
  5. shatteredsquare

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    i can never figure out how the blind are so adept at grabbing hold of others presently occupied. GIVE ME YOUR EYES :eek:

Cattleman84 Thanks this.
  6. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
  7. shatteredsquare

May 23, 2014
    middle dirt
    regulation on company trainer qualification criteria would put such a world of hurt on companies from top to bottom, like 50% more workload in daily dealings. They don't need to regulate company training programs though, they need to focus on regulating it at the CDL schools, catch the dangerous bs before you give it a commercial driver's licence

Cattleman84 Thanks this.
  8. Michael H

Michael H Medium Load Member

Nov 3, 2015
    Arizona
    Whether it be a company program or independent school, all have declined. What used to be an actual school, 8hrs a day in the classroom for months, has turned into a 24-72 hour program aimed at providing just enough info to pass the test. This is all part of my non-stop quest to see driving become labeled a "skilled" profession by the Dept. of Labor. A real training program, like apprentice school, is where the weed-out process should begin. A real training program should produce ready-to-work labor. A company trainer should really only be about a week on the road to teach a new employee the ropes and paperwork for that particular company. A company trainer shouldn't be teaching someone how to drive.

If we were classified as skilled labor, we could produce a little thing called...standards. Imagine that.

CorsairFanboy and Cattleman84 Thank this.
  9. diesel guy454

diesel guy454 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    They #### sure do need to company training programs. All the big companies hire anything with a pulse. They get them a cdl and turn them loose.

10. magoo68

magoo68 Road Train Member

Jun 11, 2011
    st malo mb canada
    I’ll never forget one morning when I was sitting in the drivers seat rubbing the sleep out of my eyes a guy across from me threw out two gallon jugs of urine then walk past the garbage cans to go into the building . The angry driver next to him got out grabbed the jugs and must’ve noticed the door unlocked because he took lids off the jugs and threw them in the cab. I was laughing my butt off when the other driver came to his truck.

kylefitzy and TripleSix Thank this.
  11. Cattleman84

Cattleman84 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2017
    The Sticks, Idaho
    That's a company CDL school... Little different from a company training program that only deals with previously licenced CDL holders.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.