Who to avoid, who is the best?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by gjcarr03, Aug 11, 2015.

1. gjcarr03

gjcarr03 Medium Load Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Texas
    My husband is interested in being an O/O but our credit sucks, so who is the best and the worst of lease purchase. Close to the DFW of Texas, preferred. Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. RERM

RERM Road Train Member

Dec 13, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Best dry van: Schneider

Best reefer: one of road runners reefer Co.

Flat: ATS, SAMMONS,

TANKER:??????

Worst: any other Mega carrier

Or you could actually take the time READ THROUGH THESE FORUMS and spend some time reaserching what may be the second biggest financial decision of your life!

Good Luck

4. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    The Kenworth I drive and am paying for is worth more than my house! :eek:

RERM Thanks this.
  5. T_TRUCKER.

T_TRUCKER. Road Train Member

Mar 27, 2014
    A city near you.
    Im in a lease purchase deal with a mega, and i drive me a brand new 680 that I'll own in 3 years!!! Lol seriously tho, i think CR england and transam have the BEST LP DEAL EVER, transam pays i think .88 cpm plus fuel surcharge!!! I was making 27 cents with werner so i know .88 cents is amazing, my wife left me because i lost the house she don't know anything i told her im gonna be rich one day after my truck here is paid for she laughed and took the kids, anyways who needs a house when transam can put you in a 150k KDUBYAH!!!! Pay it off in 7 years and im in there baby!!!! Being a full fledged OWNER OPERATOR aint easy, but aslong as i can haul this reefer and make .88 cents im happy with my 125.00 paychecks! Goodluck!

6. Morgan1981

Morgan1981 Light Load Member

May 24, 2015
    People just don't seem to get it. I made the mistakes when I first came out on the road. Let's look at this. you start a L/P on a used truck by the time it's paid off if you last that long living off dollar store food. And being stressed out all the time. What do you have. A pile of bolts. And plastic that very few companies will allow you to lease on to their fleet. You will have a constant out of pocket cost for repairs. It's simply not worth it a bit. Ok let's say you do a new truck. Sure you'll have somthing in the end but now you caint even afford Dollie store stuff. You will beg borrow and steal to eat cause your payments and ins are higher.

I for the life of me can not understand why ppl keep doing this. There's post after post after post of ppl who have tried it many diff People IT SIMPLY DOES NOT WORK. As much as I'd like to say there's a magic path to being a O/O it exist as much as a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. And these worthless L/P gimmicks won't go away unless ppl stop signing up for the crap!!!!

Now I'm not trying to be mean but I'm going to put this as straight fowArd as possible for ALL to understand. It's takes 3 to 5 years to pay a truck off. During that time your still a company driver cause you have no title and can not take that truck anywhere. Right that's right. So why not find a good company job. Learn the industry learn the lanes. Talk to many true O/O and do that for 3 to 5 years save your money and go buy a truck. If you have enough money credit don't matter. Also these truck sales places look at your experience as well. Now if you are unable to manage to save the money then maybe the best thing is to stay a company driver instead of digging your self into a whole upside down because you caint manage money.

Now there are plenty of decent paying company jobs out here it's not a problem to get 1200 to 1500 a week as a company driver if you look around. And you are a runner and not a lazy truck stop bandit in which case a lease purchase would kill you.

If your in a hurry and want to try it by all means go for it. But remember you caint gripe to no body you been warned.

7. Straight Stacks

Straight Stacks Paper Cha$er

Jul 18, 2015
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    ^^^^^^^Truth right there folks. Read it. Let it sink in. I'm an O/O w/my own authority. I own (my name on the title) a 2005 Peterbilt 379 (My Avatar). It wasn't easy, but saving the money and doing it the right way pays dividends to you, not a companies lease program.

8. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Stop with the l/p only one making money is the company.Why do you think all these companies have a l/p program?Your making the truck payments for them then when you realize your dead broke and quit guess what some other sucker takes over the payments and the cycle continues or right before you think you'll have it paid off all of a sudden work gets slow.

9. KeithT1967

KeithT1967 Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Springfield, Ohio
    See if you can say that in 5 years

10. KeithT1967

KeithT1967 Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Springfield, Ohio
    You a anti- l/p crusaders are amusing.

Marky84 Thanks this.
  11. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Facts speak for themselves.How many actually get the truck and gow many fail?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.