Who's fault was it?

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by rasymacmac21, Dec 23, 2014.

1. rasymacmac21

rasymacmac21 Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2009
    East of the Mississippi.
    [video]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fed_1419246808[/video]

So according to all the 4 wheelers commenting on this video, the "stupid retarded dirty truck driver" was at fault for this accident. I don't see how he caused it by being in the "left lane too long" and "talking on the phone", maybe he moved over to pass a vehicle in the right lane or on the shoulder or his next exit was on the left and he may been using a hand's free device. Let me state the reason's they said he was at fault for this- he was hogging the left lane way too much, he was speeding, he think he owns the road because he's in a big truck, he's clueless of his surroundings, again he was in the left lane, he was talking on the phone, he was using the cruise control, because he has no education, he didn't brake early, he should've never been in the left lane and rinse and repeat. I guess by default we are at fault, regardless if the car was the one who caused it. The idiot who brake checked him did it for me though, smh.

Shaggy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Giggles the Original

Giggles the Original Road Train Member

saw this earlier on FB...i guess i will re watch it a few times. but i dont see WHY the lead 4 wheeler slammed on his brakes other than maybe being a jerk to the truck driver....looks like the second car wasnt looking and realizing the lead car was hitting the brakes ..either way IMO the lead 4 wheeler was the idiot the 2nd one was just as guilty.

4. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Bith 4 wheelers first for illegal pass lane changes and brake checking, the second for illegal pass, lane change and tailgating.

5. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    well.... the guy who rearends someone is normally at fault. havent seen any video of this accident. my dumbphone doesnt play them unless its utube.

6. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    There is plenty of blame to go around, but the one who is paid to pay attention, and limit these kinds of incidents was somewhere in never never land. U give these 4 wheelers the rope to do something stupid. You have a good chance they may take you up on your offer. This definitely could of been prevented by the driver not camping out in left lane, slowing down, and paying attention to his surroundings. Just because you have a dashcam shouldn't prevent you from doing all you can to stay out of incident's.

tinytim and double yellow Thank this.
  7. Arielit0oo

Arielit0oo Light Load Member

Jul 6, 2014
    Tacoma, WA
    ^Read the description in the vid. He was in the left lane for a reason.

Totally the idiot 4wheelers fault.

8. icsheeple

icsheeple Trailing the Herd

Nov 1, 2013
    Kansas City, KS
    Looks like the first car to pass him felt the need to brake check him for holding up the left lane. Unfortunately the other car slipped in there not realizing the lead car was homicidal/sociopath/suicidal/just plain stupid. Take your pick.

9. CoronadoDriver

CoronadoDriver Light Load Member

Nov 11, 2014
    South Carolina
    Well Really we cant say it was the drivers fault i mean you people say he was on a headset thats good but if he was using cruise we dont know how fast he was going so what he souldve done while he was driving he should have frequently check the mirror on the hood and also he could learn the smith system for defensive driving so we cant really say the blame was all him i mean if it was me id honk my horn and put the jakes on so and if the car id hit he he/she was at fault id get out take pictures of damage and look at other things

10. bubbaray30

bubbaray30 Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2014
    crossville tn
    i say this is a good thing for lessons learned only not the injury part of it. but nobody died. it sucks to lose a vehicle and for the trucker to lose money for the amount of down time this caused. life is more important though. the drivers of the four wheeler and the truck learned a lesson and are going to be ok and thats the main thing. others are not that lucky, not getting the chance to be careful the next time. we deal with idiots like this every day. maybe this one will watch out from now on. but from a different point of view, if the truck driver saw that the four wheeler was trying to pass he should have just slowed it down a little and let it go on around. if i see someone coming around me, i let off a little and let them go on. i hate having someone beside me. if something stops suddenly in front of me, i have no escape route if something is beside me. but everyone needs to watch what they are doing out there . im not taking sides but there are lots of idiots in trucks out there too. if everyone would give each other the correct amount of space there would be much fewer accidents and deaths out there. but this is not a perfect world so we do our best from day to day which means get in, hang on, and hope we survive till tomorrow.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2014
  11. Shaggy

Shaggy Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2006
    FIGMO
    4 wheelers fault. Tractor Trailer wasn't hanging out in fast lane. Fast approaching the other tractor trailer. both of the 4 wheelers were being impatient. Tractor Trailer 1, 4 wheeler 0

Nice video.

Grouch, Powder Joints and Mudguppy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.