Who's hiring and where?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by AModelCat, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Johny41

Johny41 Road Train Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    :):)
    I know the feeling, i applied for EI for first time in my life i'm 50 yo.
    I've been pulling mostly automotive parts here Southern Ontario to USA . They all closed around March 15th , i parked my truck and applied for EI, not for Cerb, but somehow they combined both and i received 3500$ so far. Yesterday morning i received an email from carrier to prepare for restart next week, but after watching Doug Ford speech and US news ,i doubt will be next week.

magoo68 and AModelCat Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rzl-dzl

rzl-dzl Medium Load Member

Dec 16, 2011
    100 mile house
    (oilfield tanker) we took a cut in the way our OT is paid...rates the charges took a big cut, but we're still working...guys are whining aboot making $8k for 3wks instead of the $10++

im like dude, we have it good comparitively

i dont have any bills, so its just the 'pride' thing of working for less than im used to...most others got payments out the ### and are screwed

4. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    I'm done with AB. The flood was the last straw. Cruising around BC looking for a place to set up maybe.

uncleal13 Thanks this.
  5. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    You're a Mechanic, you can get a US Visa, just header to Montana.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  6. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Don't think I haven't considered it. Especially after the BS our government has been pulling lately.

Phantom Trucker Thanks this.
  7. daf105paccar

daf105paccar Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Why not set up your own shop?
    You are young and smart enough.
    Have a licence for class 8 truck so testdrives and that are no problem.

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  8. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Its crossed my mind. I'm looking at getting my place up for sale right now and relocating elsewhere first.

G13Tomcat, daf105paccar and Flint1 Thank this.
  9. AModelCat

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    Been putting in 2 or 3 applications a day online all over western Canada the last 2 weeks. Our economy must be completely destroyed. Any time I've wanted to change jobs in the past, I've literally walked in the doors with a resume and walked out with a job. So far there's nothing.

Even resorted to looking at trucking jobs. Can't find anything there either. Everyone seems to want 3+ years experience.

Guess I'll just keep looking. If I don't find anything by fall, guess I'll go independent and build my empire that way.

10. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    I thought grain and fertilizer hauling would of gotten hit harder with all the oil patch trucks available.
    That was certainly the case in 2015. But this time I think most of them just gave up. I've seen a couple of them but not many.
    We've been hauling pretty hard this month. Worked six days this week. Going back holiday Monday, even have loads today, Sunday. But I'm out of hours.

11. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    Not sure about grain and fertilizer, but when I was hauling fuel (mostly for farming/co-ops), in the spring and fall there was no such thing as too much capacity... different story the rest of the year.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.