Why ,and How this rate

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by freight-time, Dec 15, 2015.

1. AIFS

AIFS Bobtail Member

Dec 15, 2014
    How do you "private inbox" someone on here??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Urziel

Urziel Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2013
    click the person's name, choose start a conversation from the popup. You can also ignore people there.

AIFS Thanks this.
  4. Broker Bob

Broker Bob Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2015
    Me thinks you need to work on your reading comprehension skills..... Funny how you avoided my question.... You as a one truck operation cannot provide the service or the capacity shippers require like a broker is able to do.... I've dealt with a few blowhards like you.... The conversation wasn't very long. Try some professionalism, you'll be surprised at the results.

bkrjmcb Thanks this.
  5. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I rarely reply to these threads due to my limited knowledge of brokers. I don't need them, however they are trying to get their feet into this segment.

That said, sometimes truckers/carriers can be their own worst enemy. When I was a company driver we hauled maxi flatbed loads in the NW. We hauled mill direct or for lumber brokers. One of our customers had a carrier list (4 or 5 carriers) that they used for the maxi loads. I'm not sure how they were shipping the 48k and less loads, I think they were just posting on a load board. They got tired of dealing with and negotiating on every regular 48k load that they kept their maxi carrier list and the regular loads went to a broker. Fax their load list to the broker, pay them whatever they are paying to move the load, and let the broker deal with finding the trucks.

6. Urziel

Urziel Light Load Member

Dec 9, 2013
    That's the story with most. They simply don't want to deal with the headaches that come with it. The vicarious liability precedent doesn't help either.

On the upside to the carrier, the broker has a bond to claim against. The shipper doesn't.

7. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Just say no to cheap freight.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.