Why are all of the buffet's being taken out?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by LimpyLegs, Jul 18, 2021.

1. not4hire

not4hire Road Train Member

May 16, 2012
    Calgary
    That will save more people than vaccinations.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    I haven’t eaten from a buffet in a long time. Friend and I used to eat at Chinese buffets in Austin but quit that as well.

they can rip em all out

4. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    The best one I've been to is the one at Seven Feathers. I hope they don't take that one out.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  5. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i used to love the all you can eat buffets. breakfast, lunch, dinner...but then i witnessed a very disturbing thing one time, that changed my mind in how i ate at the buffets..

i was in the restroom, washing my hands, and face, and some guy was making noises in the stall. he flushed the toilet, and walked out.......not even washing his hands.

when i finished, i grabbed a paper towel to open the door, and i went to the buffet table and sure enough, there he was, handling the utensils, getting his food.

i ordered from the waitress instead, and paid more.

from that day on, if i ever went to the buffet table? i took a napkin with me, and used that to handle the utensils.

in a way, in the end, i was glad to see them go many many years ago.

if truckers are going to be slobs, and filthy, would you really want to "catch something" from sharing those utensils..???

NavigatorWife, mjd4277, Opus and 5 others Thank this.
  6. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    I can’t emphasize enough to my fellow truck drivers, get a mini fridge, a portable little grill, a couple things to cook on and buy your own food and screw the truckstop food.

7. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    Yep. I go with a mini fridge and a toaster oven, and I cook up a bunch of things at home that I can heat up, omelets for breakfast, stews and soups, spaghetti, my wife’s enchiladas, whatever I want. Those aluminum foil pie tins work great for heating things up. I also buy a bag or two of salads.

NavigatorWife and Lennythedriver Thank this.
  8. LimpyLegs

LimpyLegs Medium Load Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Midland,VA
    What
    What brand of toaster oven do you use? I went through about 3 of those Ninja ones with the glass door on it

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  9. Savor the Flavor

Savor the Flavor Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2018
    Where do you wash your dishes, food containers, silverware, etc.? Seems like more hassle than it's worth.

10. navypoppop

navypoppop Heavy Load Member

Dec 4, 2014
    Winter Haven, Fl.
    Exactly! So many drivers have little concern for their own hygiene like a little child. They do not properly clean themselves and then eat at a buffet like they won't have another meal for a week. Just check out those dirty clothes, filthy hands and like a child no one to show them the right way.

NavigatorWife, mjd4277 and buddyd157 Thank this.
  11. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    I got one of these Dash toaster ovens, currently not available at Amazon, unfortunately.

D599BA4A-A7AC-42F1-A712-2DDF1CEC0C03.jpeg

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.