Why Crete?

Discussion in 'Crete' started by grusco, Apr 10, 2013.

1. OFTOTR

OFTOTR Medium Load Member

Jul 19, 2011
    Toccoa GA
    I guess they keep the lower CPM people running harder. Crete is seriously going downhill, even while I've been there the last 4 years. I'm about ready to cuss out my asset manager, but I don't want to introduce any new words over two syllables he may have trouble understanding, and he would have trouble spelling when he wrote me up.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MoGooder

MoGooder Light Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Kenosha, WI
    I drove 3 1/2 years for JB doing Chicago intermodal. Not bad once you learn your way around the rail yards. I made 50k a year but they no longer pay detention time from what I hear. A lot of lost time getting loaded now. Great benefits and equipment. I never had a problem with home time. I left 10/2011. I was paid .365 a mile and only ran Wisconsin and sometimes Iowa. The extra pay that they eliminated brought me up to. 54 a mile average for 2011. Now you just have to work harder and maybe make less money. The recruiting company they use gets paid when the driver shows up for orientation so you might get better information from one of their drivers. Good luck in your search.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  4. grusco

grusco Light Load Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Rosemount, MN
    Companies and their benefits compared, decision made. Start Crete orientation in Lincoln Monday the 22nd. Since most of my experience is in oil fields driving tankers they're sending me out with a trainer for 3 weeks OTR following orientation. Even living with a trainer for 3 weeks in a truck will be easier after spending six months living in a man camp in the dirt of ND. I'll pick up the rental car the day before (JBH was putting me on the Grey Dog to Chicago-yuk!). Very pleased to be getting started at Crete.

5. MoGooder

MoGooder Light Load Member

Mar 15, 2013
    Kenosha, WI
    I know what you mean about the bus. I didn't like it either and I only rode from Green Bay to Chicago. Another thing about JB Hunt is the initial physical. Along with using hair to check for drugs they have you move and stretch in different positions (squats and such) checking your flexibility as well lifting and carrying weight. They also have you step up and down on a box for 3 minutes then check your heartrate. Quite an impressive physical. If you are on medications you need to have the prescribing Dr. sign a paper for each med stating it won't affect your driving. Since they started pushing sleep apnea after I started working there I would assume that is also addressed in the initial physical now.

grusco Thanks this.
  6. chowick1966

chowick1966 Medium Load Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Bloomington,IL
    I am seeing pretty much the same. I was on Kellogg's at 38cpm averaging 2800-3000 but had a falling out with my AM and transferred back to National (21 days out) have a good AM on National on 42cpm and averaging really not a whole lot less. Not overly happy that they closed Ottawa and moved my term to Indy, but apart from early problems I have had virtually no dealings with Indy,which makes me happy!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.