Why CSA 2010 and E-Logs are a good thing.

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Theophilus, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Theophilus

Theophilus Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2011
    It varies daily.
    Around 3700 trucking companies have been put out of business due to the new laws since the law went into effect. The outlaw companies are being shut down. Soon there will be no more companies that can take that load that must be run illegal. Those days are over.

Shippers and Receivers, sales, brokers, drivers, etc and all who are involved with the industry are going to be forced to comply with the rules.

Meaning that everyone will have to be on the same page, the days of outlaw trucking are over.

Many drivers if they continue the path of the outlaw will not be able to be hired by other companies. The companies who do not follow the rules WILL be shut down and the drivers of the outlaw companies no longer have a job.

Companies will not be able to hire you, if you are a driver with multiple out of service violations due to driving out of hours or, poorly maintained equipment.

Understand that those of us that make it through this (and many will not) will be in a position to make great money. Many will not make it through this (drivers and companies alike).

Understand where things are going, have a pair and tell dispatch where to stuff it.

Get with the program or don't drive.

I'm so sick of you SOBS that run illegal, it will be nice to hear you say, "do you want fries with that?" once you can no longer drive.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. THBatMan8

THBatMan8 Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Wherever I park
    Can I use this for a signature? :biggrin_25514:

NightWind and Cochise Thank this.
  4. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Do NOT hold your breath !!!

NightWind, J_FROG, DrtyDiesel and 3 others Thank this.
  5. snowblind

snowblind Heavy Load Member

Jan 29, 2011
    conover nc
    e logs will not bring you more money,just more time away from home,i run paper been at this a long time i sleep when tired drive when not,hey i can even goof off if i want.ive said it before all you new drivers are clown look at how you treat each other on road,look at the trucks,beat up banged up they have hit everything around them.the reason us drivers got into trucking cuz we loved it the freedom to stop when you want do what you want,not punch a clock.after all the years driving i dont have the problems with the 4 wheelers like new drivers do i dont cuss other drivers (although they cause more problems than cars)you drivers that aint got a clue are unsafe.you drivers took a proud profession and turned it into a circus run by clowns........

6. marmonman

marmonman Road Train Member

Dec 14, 2009
    central illinois
    I have been hearing this same line of thinking for 30 years !!!

Every time they bring out a new regulation that is going to clean up the outlaw trucker !

They said that about the CDL, they said that about the new hours of service ,band they even have people that believe that the June safety blitz makes the highways safer!!!

You will never get rid of outlaw trucking companies!!!!

The shippers don't care if the companies follow the rules all they want is their freight delivered !

The government don't want to get rid of outlaw companies any worse than they want to stop drugs because if they get rid of them than who are they going to save us from ?

This is just one big game everyone is playing . Everyone needs everyone else for them to have the job that they have.

If there is no freight there is no trucks if there is no outlaws there is no need for the police to save us ! It is just one big circle !!!!

I will be glad when the new hours of service save us from all these sleepy truckers killing the poor defenseless civilians in their cars!

Now that will clean up this industry !!!

Just another day of fun and games on the playground of life .

7. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    Apparently your carrier hasn't been audited lately . FMCSA auditors use software that will catch the logbook lies that have been getting by your safety department .

8. walstib

walstib Darkstar

From what I hear, the companies can manipulate the elogs which sounds like it will be business as usual for them and worse conditions for us...

9. Rat

Rat Road Train Member

I will tell you what, I have NEVER been put out of service, I have only had 1 violation during a dot inspection and that was for the brakes being out of adjustment right after our shop just got done putting all new brakes etc in the trailer the day before. Silly me for not double checking their work.

I run legal when I can, which is most of the time, but there are just some runs that I can't do unless I am playing with my log book a little. That particular run takes me from home here on the East side of ND to the very west edge of ND then back to the east side to unload and then home again. A tad over 700 miles according to my odo in the truck.

Elogs and the current HOS regulations would keep me from leaving early and taking my time getting to a load point and taking my time getting back on some of our runs. See I like to leave early on some of our runs, take my time, drive like a human, which saves on fuel, maybe stop for lunch etc and still make my scheduled load time and my scheduled unload time. Being able to take my time makes me a better safer driver then if I was to run like a chicken with my head cut off trying to stay within Elogs.

See CSA2010 doesn't really bother me that much. The thought of mandated E logs bothers me greatly. I think CSA2010 should be good enough to weed out the bad apples in the trucking industry.

Come up my way and spend 1 year in my shoes doing what our company does and you would be seeing it my way for sure.

10. Cowmobile

Cowmobile Medium Load Member

May 9, 2011
    The hammer lane....
    The days of "outlaw trucking"( just doing what the job requires) as you call it will never be over I don't care what your CDL school instructor told you.. if some of You brainless blind leading the blind steering wheel holders need your hand held all day everyday that's fine but some of us are big boys and don't need it... Do you need help wiping your ### too? I have yet to see CSA2010 Have any affects on anything, so keep being scared, and praise all the stupid laws they want to put into affect, it's doing nothing but turning this industry into a bunch of pansies... Come on and jump in my truck for a few days I'll show you what the real world is like.....

11. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    About a month ago I had 55 hours logged in and was off from Monday night until Wednesday. I was asked to start a local run Wednesday that had to leave a few hours before I had my 34 in for restart . Right after I did my tractor pretrip I got an e-mail that the load had been cancelled . Dispatch said now I'd have my restart in . When I said I had gone on duty to pretrip I was told to note a log error then to log off . The powers that be entered my pretrip as an error and I got my restart .
    A couple of hours later a driver was needed for a 10 day trip to New Brunswick and back . They had me .

NightWind Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.