Why CSA 2010 and E-Logs are a good thing.

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Theophilus, Nov 6, 2011.

1. PackRatTDI

PackRatTDI Licensed to Ill

Jul 15, 2006
    El Chuco, Tejas
    You forgot to add where the driver asks if this affects his using the 45 min safety rule and where Meltom takes a swig of straight vodka from a silver flask and starts crying at his desk.

Injun and Meltom Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. virgil tatro

virgil tatro Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2010
    columbus montana
    this whole thing sucks bad.. EOBRS HOS all of this is crap.. we must have a bunch of school kids out on the road driving these trucks these days. even my 15 year old son had more freedom on his "restricted" drivers licence, and now at 17 he can drive anywhere any time. But no not the BAD BAD truckers, truckers gotta have HOS and even worse EOBRS so they are not out there breaking the rules... GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

volvodriver01 and Injun Thank this.
  4. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    The HOS are for you protection, companies would run you into the ground if not for them. EOBR's aren't as bad as you may think either, they just accurately record what you do. Heaven forbid you actually have to think at work, and plan you trip. I know the response is always they make you run unsafe, but that's not true. The only person that you can make you run unsafe is you. I'm probably being a bit rude, but I'm crabby today so there ya go.

5. Scott101

Scott101 Medium Load Member

Nov 30, 2008
    NorCal
    Ok, which is it? :biggrin_25522:

volvodriver01 Thanks this.
  6. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Both, how many of you would stand up to your company?

7. RickG

RickG Road Train Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Owensboro , KY
    How many are willing to face felony charges for HOS violations if they are involved in a fatal accident ? Don't expect to have to share your cell with your dispatcher .

8. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Would you like to know how many of us have been labeled "Job Hoppers" for our efforts?

How about asking how many of us are on a companies "Do not rehire" list ?

We're out here, in much larger numbers than you would expect. And that number is growing.

25(2)+2 and volvodriver01 Thank this.
  9. Scott101

Scott101 Medium Load Member

Nov 30, 2008
    NorCal
    How can that be? I agree with this statement:
    If I have 4 hours left on line 3, but too tired to drive the company could use HOS against me... running me into the ground. So how is HOS protecting me in that case?

We are back to me having to stand up to my company; because only I can make myself run unsafe.

10. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi

This was a partial reasoning behind the recent EOBR decision of late. The court said there wasn't clear language protecting a driver who was tired, but had hours left on his "e-logs" to drive.

The driver will remain a key enforcement tool for the DOT.

Scott101 Thanks this.
  11. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011

If there were no limits how much longer would they expect you to drive?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.