why do most flatbed trailers have two electrical connectors?

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by scoobertdoo, Nov 17, 2022.

1. radricsd

radricsd Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Electra, TX
    If you leveling valve is on the rear axle, you have to move it to the front and re route the supply
    air to it. Now, mount it to the rear axle between the air line from leveler valve and the air line to
    the rear air bags. Finally, you have to run the pos and neg wires to the front of the trailer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. radricsd

radricsd Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2017
    Electra, TX
    Dragging spread axles around corners and backing into spots wears tires real fast. I use it all the time.
    Just don't forget it and leave it on because all the weight on one axle tends to crack the frame.

4. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    If you ever want to add another accessory your 7 way cord has a nice big fat ground wire. No need to have a ground on the 4 way cord.

Blue jeans, cke, lester and 1 other person Thank this.
  5. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Road Train Member

Mar 6, 2017
    PA
    My East has leveling valve on rear axle (front lift axle) and dump valve for rear axle. It takes me a minute looking at the voodoo valves back there to figure out what does what lol. When it dumps the rear axle air, the valve will supply more air to the front axle to maintain ride height - supply to rear axle is just blocked by a relay valve controlled by the dump solenoid.

cke and Ruthless Thank this.
  6. kylefitzy

kylefitzy Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2007
    Kansas city,Mo
    I always figured a dump valve on the axle that has the leveling valve would work best. Dumps one axle while sending more are to the other.

cke Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.