Why do people needlessly idle ?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by bzinger, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl

If I am,.. not by much. I'm 48. I just act young and dumb most of the time.

Hurst

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    Sad to say but seems like all the industry makes anymore is junk. And what's chrome got to do with a well maintained truck?

G13Tomcat Thanks this.
  4. Starboyjim

Starboyjim Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    I don't feel real good about replying to your post, cnsper, but you missed a couple of things, and put me in the bag with others, I don't like that.

1. It was you who told us I shouldn't be in the truck business if I didn't want to be next to idling trucks, remember?
    2. It wasn't me who complained about idling trucks, I just stated that I don't. I just park elsewhere than in that line of idling trucks at the truckstop.
    3. I'm not a gamer, and I don't care, and said nothing about you falling asleep at stop lights. Nothing.
    4. "you leave me alone and and I leave you alone?" Right. That's why you posted I shouldn't be in the trucking business because I'm a light sleeper, is that what you call leaving me alone? Keep driving, cnsper, you got a long way to go.

5. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    Everyone in this industry, no matter which side they are defending, paints with a mighty broad brush... Welcome to trucking... LOL

6. Starboyjim

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    One other question about this thread. Whether a driver idles for soothing atmosphere, or protection from problems, or other personal ideas, why are there "no idling" regulations in so many places? There some science behind the rules. It's probably about air quality? Just to say, personal preference isn't the only card on the table.

7. breadtrk

breadtrk Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Hanging up tree hugger boy, we idle because we can we have our own reasons.

8. Starboyjim

Dec 10, 2011
    Weed, CA
    Funny.

Reasons are like fingers, everybody's got some. I guess responsibility for the future, for our children's and generations future, isn't a consideration, is that right?

You call me tree hugger, like it's a bad thing? Signed, enthusiastic tree hugger.

9. Hurst

Hurst Registered Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Tampa, Fl
    Being a tree hugger in and of itself is not a bad thing.

Where I find issue is when tree huggers get into my business and force me to comply with what they feel is right.

Diesel emissions is one example. When the tree huggers decided to focus on the trucking industry, they forced a time frame in which it was just not feasible to comply. It so many problems and dare I say.. put a few people out of business with faulty emissions componants and trucks unable to turn a profit because of it. How many jobs were lost in order to satisfy tree huggers?

I was in a bad mood last week. Woman at walmart was panhandling out front. I gave her $5. She told me to have a blessed day. I reply.. Lucifer loves you just as much. She gave me a dirty look. I asked if she was offended by my reply. She said of course.. I said well as innocent as your blessed day comment was.. I dont believe in your god.. I dont beleive in religion at all. So for you to assume I felt ok for you to treat me as a Christian was just as offensive to me. She still didnt get it.

My point is.. we are all on this planet together. We are all different.. yet we all just want to be able to do our own thing. What one person believes should be good for all is not always what the majority.. or even the minority wants. Everyone should have an equal say in order to survive and flourish.

Hurst

poppapump1332 Thanks this.
  10. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    I see you are assuming that all laws are supposed to make sense and never something about one person feels others need to do things differently.

BTW, it's a proven fact that cars and trucks pollute to one degree or another... So, based on science, lets outlaw all vehicles there by decreasing pollution. Based on Science!!! :)

People who heat/cool their homes can use coal, nuclear engery and so let's make them completely turn off their homes when they are not there in person... ;-)

11. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Still going, lol.

This thread has been running almost as long as my truck.

Oxbow, Mudguppy, poppapump1332 and 4 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.