Why do persons arrested for violent crimes released on bond

Discussion in 'Other News' started by cuzzin it, Jun 23, 2024.

1. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Murders someone, then gets released on bond ? Now wonder people show indifferance about commiting violence...... Screenshot_20240623_125310_DuckDuckGo.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Thrasher28

Thrasher28 Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2021
    Bowling Green, KY
    Innocent 'til proven guilty. Even if it's cut and dry to the average person that they're guilty, still an important part of the United States belief system.

Not sure I agree with a murder at a cookout being worthy of bond, but I understand that not everyone gets indicted and proven guilty. Wouldn't be fair to ruin a life just for them to get proven not guilty out of self defense or whatever.

4. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    One of the reasons why cash bail/bonds are a broken system. The only thing that should matter is a) is the person likely to commit more crimes/be a threat to the community and b) will they show up to court?

Guys like this can get out because they have the money. Cash bail made sense at one point in time, just not anymore.

5. The one california kid

The one california kid Medium Load Member

Oct 31, 2023
    Yeah a lot of that happening around here. That's why I didn't go out that much, it's getting to be like the wild West around here. Especially now that the Mexican Mafia has supposedly put roots down here, according to the word of mouth.

Lav-25 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.